Jam ignores Breakpoints

Jones
Unregistered

Jam, the tool the default SDL project uses to compile, is ignoring my breakpoints completely when I hit debug.

1) Is it actually Jam's fault? (No other projects do this...)
2) How do I fix it?

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
upgrade your target to native?
Jones
Unregistered

Easier said than done. When I chuck the SDL classes and necessary frameworks into a standard Empty-Project with a Cocoa-App Target the entire thing blows up in my face. Literally, I've got 2000 errors (exactly) sitting in front of me. They all originate from some Objective-C (prefix) headers that gcc/g++ is presumably trying to compile as something they are not.

I know nothing of Objective-C, and I know little of how it interacts with the Cocoa internal responder/state/whatever system. I've programmed apps in AppleScript, which is structured somewhat like the way an ObjC cocoa app works. That's as far as my knowledge goes. (It is therefore unclear why I need the SDLMain mm/h files, besides the fact that they are in-fact required.)

If I remove the prefix headers, and build then it fails because of undefined symbols. (ZeroLink beats it into submission.)

This is something I really need to figure out at some point. It's pretty crucial that I'm able to use SDL in the xCode development environment effectively. If it helps you tell me what's wrong, then this is the error zl gives me:

Quote:ZeroLink: unknown symbol '___CFConstantStringClassReference'

I'm linking to all the frameworks the standard SDL app uses, but I use the '-framework' tag for everything, rather than the xCode project organization list. (Shouldn't make a difference... right?)

Before I go any further I'd like to get this working, lest I become dependent on the easiness of GLUT. Smile

Here is a project like the one I'm trying to get to work:
Download from my iDisk.

I'm sure a brief glance at the project will tell you two things relatively quickly:
1) What's wrong. (Hopefully.)
2) I need to get my programming priorities straight. Wink

Thanks mates! Ninja
Luminary
Just click on the target and choose "upgrade to native" from the menu (don't recall if it's in the main menu or the context menu or both).

or, read this: http://tips.onesadcookie.net/tips/publis...+for+Xcode
Jones
Unregistered

OneSadCookie Wrote:Just click on the target and choose "upgrade to native" from the menu (don't recall if it's in the main menu or the context menu or both).

Couldn't find it, but xCode help helped me. (That's what it's for, you know. Wink )

It's under 'Project' (main menu).

However, apparently SDL functions like SDL_Init are no longer defined... Annoyed

Ahh, fixed it! Just remove the '-framework SDL' tag and add the framework to the project list.

Thanks for the tip OSC!

EDIT: It *still* skips my breakpoints! :angry:
EDIT 2: It doesn't skip breakpoints in the main file, only in my other sources.
I'd like to add that the newest SDL developer packages include non-Jam templates, too. I'm afraid I have no clue about your brakepoints, though.
Off-topic: Where can I download jam, and how do I install it?
Luminary
JAM is the name of several pieces of software. In this context, it's the name of Xcode's (old?) build system. In that context, it comes with Xcode, and so is already installed Rasp
Hm, I get this error: Jam exited with error code 1

It is when I try to compile one of the examples of Ogre. Also they hade the projectname.xcode projects, so I had toupdate them, so could that be the reason?