Christmas-themed contest at Devcrunch

I just found an announcement over at YakYak of a Christmas-themed coding contest held by Devcrunch; there's no mention of any OS requirement, although the thread at YakYak mentions that they "think we're thinking of just games for PCs" - but even if only the Windows builds of the games are judged, plenty of people here code with cross-platform tools Wink

Edit: anybody here feel I should post this as a news item?

Mark Bishop
Quote this message in a reply
Why not have our own little christmas themed contest. And ignore all those windows "using" peoples?

The machine does not run without the coin.
Sage
StealthyCoin Wrote:Why not have our own little christmas themed contest. And ignore all those windows "using" peoples?

I second that. We should start a small Christmas themed contest and run it from sometime (hopefully soon) until a few days before Christmas. That could be pretty fun. Or we could end it on January 1st. Make it a New Year's Contest. Run December 1-January 1.
Sage
StealthyCoin Wrote:Why not have our own little christmas themed contest. And ignore all those windows "using" peoples?

Thirded.

asdkljhsdffaljksdfasdf

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
I can't think of anything tasteful I'd do for a Christmas theme. Good luck, boys.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Sage
Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:I can't think of anything tasteful I'd do for a Christmas theme. Good luck, boys.

Tasteful isn't a requirement Smile. Humor could be a huge part. For instance, making a game based on Weird Al's "The Night Santa Went Crazy" would be rather hilarious.
StealthyCoi Wrote:Why not have our own little christmas themed contest
Hmm, I'll fourth that suggestion, and second Nick's suggested 1st December-1st January timeframe Smile

[Hmm, I only finished my entry for unknown's Tetris mini-contest a week late, definitely an improvement on my typical finishing time for contests of months later or never Blush]

Mark Bishop