py2app usage, and windows equivalent?

purplemaji
Unregistered

Hello all!

Returning to do some game development Mac side after a long hiatus.

I am thinking of using the pygame library to get going this time. I've not had too much trouble getting a simple opengl python game up and running, just downloading and installing python2.4, pyobjc, pygame, and pyopengl and walking through the examples.

I'd like to take one of the samples and generate a native application at this point. Has anyone done this, and is there an example or sample file for a simple setup? Assuming a couple of python files that use the above libraries, how would I package them into a single usable application? I tried the simple setup file that comes with the py2app library, but while the build seems to work, the application does not run. It starts up, and then exits without running the game loop.

Somewhat related, but not quite, and perhaps not the best place to ask, but is there an equivalent library on windows that I could use to generate an .exe from the same source?

Thanks all!

-pm
Quote this message in a reply
You're looking for py2exe for Windows. I haven't tried building a pygame game in a loong time so I don't know what's going on with py2app, but you may want to try the mac python irc channel if you don't have success here.

Good luck
-Jon

p.s. Welcome to iDevGames!
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  py2app woes Wowbagger 2 2,820 Jan 6, 2009 10:27 PM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  usage of packages in large Java project JeroMiya 2 2,373 Jul 20, 2007 04:02 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  getch() equivalent on osx? smartalco 20 9,508 Nov 29, 2006 05:35 PM
Last Post: smartalco