Recursively Packing Source Code Into One File?

daveh84 Wrote:I want to pack all my source code into one file and print it out before releasing my software for archiving purposes.

I don't think "archival purposes" is a sort of backup in this case. My suspicion here is that he's printing it and then will have it somehow notarized or date stamped as proof that it was written before a date and the copyright belongs to him. Yes, all of the version control options provide for this (although I have no idea how credible a court considers timestamps out of a version control system). A common approach is to mail it to something yourself and use the postmark as a reliable date stamp, but I think that's a little shaky too. Shoestring inventors do this instead of getting an actual copyright.

I don't think the original poster planned on restoring his code from a backup by reading printed pages of paper and typing it back into his computer.

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some Game / Engine Source code in C++ and MSVC kiavash2k 1 5,373 Apr 12, 2012 11:35 PM
Last Post: DJyStyler
  Source Code Nick 9 5,975 Jul 17, 2004 11:02 PM
Last Post: Josh
  3dfx video card drivers source code released! xDexx 4 3,261 Jun 6, 2003 12:32 PM
Last Post: wadesworld
  File Code Problems Muffinking 16 6,723 Jun 17, 2002 06:54 PM
Last Post: WFleming
  Carbon File Code Muffinking 5 5,122 Jun 3, 2002 12:23 AM
Last Post: henryj