Xcode 1.5 + SDL 1.2.11 issues

erkokite
Unregistered

Hello, I am using Xcode 1.5 with OS X 10.3.9, GCC 3.3, and SDL 1.2.11. I downloaded the framework from the SDL website, but when I try to link to it, I get a bunch of multiple definition linker errors with sdl and libstdc++. Stuff like this:

ld: multiple definitions of symbol std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >::basic_string<wchar_t*>(wchar_t*, wchar_t*, std::allocator<wchar_t> const&)

It seems that the sdl framework was statically linked with libstdc++ when built. I have also heard that this is what happens when you try to link a gcc4 compiled file in gcc 3.3(although I am more inclined toward the first explanation). Perhaps it is a universal binary issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Probably the GCC 4.0 thing. otool -L will tell you (/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib shouldn't appear).

Upgrade your Xcode, or downgrade your SDL, or build your own SDL.
erkokite
Unregistered

I tried downgrading SDL to 1.2.9, still didn't work. I can't upgrade XCode because 1.5 is the highest version that 10.3.9 will run. I also tried building SDL myself, no luck there(SDL can't find Quicktime/Quicktime.h when building). I also tried adding -WL,--allow-multiple-definition to the linker options in XCode, but it said it was an unrecognized flag. Using otool -l on SDL.framework/SDL didn't show me any references to libstdc++.6.dylib. I'll try another version of SDL. Any more ideas? Is it possible to allow multiple definitions in XCode?
Luminary
If you search the board, you'll find other references to the missing QuickTime headers problem. That's probably the easiest one to fix.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Porting issues (most likely byte order issues) akb825 2 4,302 Mar 24, 2006 11:47 AM
Last Post: DoG