Macbook random shutdown problems

Hi everyone,

I just started experiencing this the other day. Did some googling and many other people are reporting the same problem. Anyone here experience it too?

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
Quote this message in a reply
The logic board on my MacBook has started to fail and I've had it shut down a couple of times during boot up.
Yeah, it seems that the problem is more prominent than I thought. I'm having mine sent back tomorrow. (Just need to back everything up first.) From many, many posts, it seems to be related to a Power problem on the logic board. (What a pain in the ***!! My past two Macs have been lemons!! GRRR.)

Andrew, does the problem happen almost after it boots up and has been on for 1-5 minutes?

A Bad Hard disk and RAM don't cause power failures from my 15+ years of using a mac. They cause hardware lock-ups (aka panics), spinning beach balls, or won't boot beyond blue screen.

ProRattaFactor
I've had problems with both G4 and Dell desktop machines shutting down from over heating. There is an internal heat sensor that will shut the system down if it is getting too hot.
Oldtimer
Casey, you jinxed it. Rasp My MacBook is also randomly dying all of a sudden. I guess this is what you get for going first-revision...
Shhh... don't let my MacBook listen to you guys!
Fenris Wrote:Casey, you jinxed it. Rasp My MacBook is also randomly dying all of a sudden. I guess this is what you get for going first-revision...
Oh man, I'm sorry buddy. I should've kept my mouth shut Cry

ProRattaFactor
Fenris Wrote:My MacBook is also randomly dying all of a sudden. I guess this is what you get for going first-revision...

The way I see it is that Apple will fix the faulty units so not a problem going with first revision.
Of course people will say that you will be without a laptop while it gets repaired. However I would have been without a laptop even longer if I had waited until a second revision. Anyway all the iBook logic board failures I had in the past were not first revision iBooks.

My MacBook refuses to boot now if it has been off for longer than an hour or so unless I do the PRAM reset thing at boot up. Once booted it works fine. It even boots if I do a restart. I just need to find the time to take it in for repair.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Replacing MacBook Pro Hard Drive BeyondCloister 4 3,479 Dec 27, 2008 09:58 AM
Last Post: BeyondCloister
  What should I do with this shiny new Macbook Pro? stevejohnson 18 6,971 Jun 8, 2007 06:19 AM
Last Post: Joseph Duchesne
  MacBook For 2D Game Programming? Nick 16 6,714 Oct 18, 2006 01:23 PM
Last Post: Skorche
  MacBook Pro and OpenGL question nfoti01 4 3,456 Jul 12, 2006 11:50 AM
Last Post: arekkusu
  Macbook Pro game development performance (GLSL/OpenGL) ravuya 9 5,160 Jun 6, 2006 06:42 AM
Last Post: ravuya