Requesting a Yes or No on uDG

Andrew Sage Wrote:Did you not read my suggestion about doing further development on the open source code from a previous entry?
Actually, I didn't. Wink I just read the part somebody else said about polishing their own project. Of course, I would also not enter this kind of contest, since I would much rather make my own game.
Quote this message in a reply
Personally I'd rather have a 6-week OMG-style contest that starts late in the year, finishing up in time for announcing the winners at MacWorld, and only has a small group of sponsors. (Perhaps Freeverse will step up again; they got a lot of mileage out of it last time.)

But let's keep in mind the original goal was to update the iDG site first before worrying about the next contest. Carlos's last call for volunteers was for editing of articles and in fact he got some help from the community, at least for a while.

But since Carlos is now in the midst of moving this clearly isn't the time.

Good luck with your move, Carlos! I'm sure this is a stressful time for you and your family, so hang in there.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
MattDiamond Wrote:Personally I'd rather have a 6-week OMG-style contest that starts late in the year, finishing up in time for announcing the winners at MacWorld, and only has a small group of sponsors. (Perhaps Freeverse will step up again; they got a lot of mileage out of it last time.)

If there's not going to be another uDG this year, then I ask for this. OMG was nifty last year.
Agreed. It would be nice to have a medium-length contest over the Winter.
akb825 Wrote:Agreed. It would be nice to have a medium-length contest over the Winter.

Or Summer for those on the other side of the world Wink
Andrew Sage Wrote:What can people do to help out and step up to do this? Personally I was unaware that there was an issue and the need to step up. If a plea had been made then I'm sure some of us would have come forward to assist.

If I was Carlos I would take any offers of volunteers with a pinch of salt. Each year there is a request to help and many people say they will but only a few do anything. Myself included. I think a break for a year until Carlos is settled in and Apple have resolving staffing is a good idea.

Justin "LordFire" Baldock
I like how this "Yes or No" thing is going.... Wink

Personally, I think that we should just scrap it and wait until Carlos and everyone is ready. Not much use in having a half-hearted attempt, especially with so many people chomping at the bit here...

When in doubt ... read the Read Me
10.5.6 | MacBook Pro 2.5x2 | 4 GB RAM | GeForce 8600M GT