mini contest idea -- updating previous entries?

Apprentice
I was thinking about a contest entry I submitted for udevgames 2002...I haven't really done any improvements on the game since then, and it gave me the idea for a contest.

What about a contest (a short mini contest of some type) that consisted of non-winning entries of any previous contest (or maybe udevgame)? I guess that would depend a lot on how much work had been done since then, maybe it could be restricted to entries that haven't had a lot of improvements since the contest they were entered in or something.

There are a lot of games I've seen in previous contests that looked like they had a lot of potential, but just weren't finished (including mine I suppose).

Anyway, just a thought...

Kevin
Quote this message in a reply
That would be really tricky to make fair.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Apprentice
I agree...maybe it could just be for fun with no prizes. Somehow the contests give me enough incentive to work on something where normally I might not spend the time on it.
It might work as a surprise theme and only apply to former contest entries that had not gone on to be shareware titles or anything.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
I like the idea, but the original authors should decide whether or not their game gets the treatment and whether it'll be them doing it or nominate someone to do it for them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IDG entries are being pirated on the Mac App Store ChrisD 3 1,384 May 29, 2013 09:33 AM
Last Post: skyhawk
  Mini fun Contest EvolPenguin 2 5,125 Nov 14, 2010 11:10 AM
Last Post: EvolPenguin
  WebGL Mini-Contest OneSadCookie 26 20,632 Dec 14, 2009 11:40 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Mini-contest: Time & Space Manipulation OneSadCookie 18 14,618 Nov 8, 2009 02:38 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  21 Day Mini Contest FlamingHairball 2 6,717 Aug 1, 2009 03:03 PM
Last Post: FlamingHairball