Entering the contest

oblako
Unregistered

Hello to you all
I'm for the first time here. Was realy impressed by the variety of contests for Mac developers. I wonder if there are any competitions for complete games here. My team's got a couple of great games, but I can't submit them since they are already released(and publicly shown). So are there any contests for such games here? All of the devs in my team are eager to show off our games. But the contest rules prevent us from it Cry
Any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
Hey there!

Well, the whole idea behind one of these contests is to give everyone a fair shot (as opposed to working on a game for five years and competing that against someone that did their game in two months). I think you'll find the competitive spirit and hard deadline make the contest enjoyable and show off what each of the entraints are capable of. It's of my opinion that the contests are mostly about enjoying yourself while crafting your skills on a project as opposed to focusing solely on making great games.

On the other hand, we welcome showcasing projects you've already got by creating a thread in the Announcements sub-forum. That way you can show us what you've done thus far.
Founder
There are two events you should look into...

1) Indie Game Dev contest, which is geared towards finished games. Please ask Rocco Bowling (aka Kitty Mac) about it as his Mac entry took a prize some years ago.

2) Apple's Dev design awards. Again, Rocco is the man to talk to about this one as his chess game won an award.

Look in the member(s list for Rocco, wait for him to see this thread, or Google those events.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
The Independent Game Festival is big, costs 95$ to enter but may be well worth it (i'm entering Ragdoll Masters this year!).

Especially if you want to go to the Game Developer Conference, since they give out many free invitations, otherwise it costs a lot just to enter.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "I'm entering uDG" List OneSadCookie 0 3,300 Jun 15, 2011 02:59 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie