Incoming call status bar and full-screen open GL.

I've done the usual thing with my app, and turned off the status bar so that I have a nice, clear full-screen area for my openGLES view.

Due to another problem (my app quits during incoming calls, but not other interruptions - I'm using an iPod as a dev machine so it's hard to fix!) I've been trying to see what happens when you use the simulator to mimic an incoming call status bar.

The answer? Nothing. The bar, presumably, pops up invisibly. This seems bad. What do other people do in this situation? Stop drawing over the top 32/64 pixels of the screen? If so, what callbacks are you setting up to check this status bar change? Or are you just ignoring it?

Many thanks, as ever, for any help!

http://www.fluttermind.com
Fluttermind - Games for Everyone
Quote this message in a reply
The call status bar is hidden if the status bar is hidden. It's the expected behaviour, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not being drawn over or anything.
Phew. :-)

I really must get an iPhone at some point, as there's quite a lot of stuff I just don't know about expectations on the device. An iPod doesn't really cut it...

http://www.fluttermind.com
Fluttermind - Games for Everyone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Game Finished Warlords: Call To Arms kendric 2 2,474 Apr 5, 2010 01:45 PM
Last Post: kendric
  Testing incoming call robustness on an iPod touch. Madrayken 10 5,961 Jan 21, 2010 02:19 AM
Last Post: Madrayken
  Call for beta testers for FaceRace WeHeartGames 0 2,070 Aug 28, 2009 07:16 AM
Last Post: WeHeartGames
  OpenAL Sounds stop after lock or call MikeD 3 4,648 Jun 25, 2009 12:43 AM
Last Post: MikeD
  debugger exited with status 1 jeonghyunhan 1 2,547 Apr 3, 2009 11:48 AM
Last Post: kodex