'Unidentified error' error in Xcode

Occasionally in my current project the build fails, bailing out with the usual message:

- Command/Developer/Private/jam failed with exit code 1
- Build failed (1 error)

However, no particular error is specified. As far as I can tell it happens during linking. A clean and rebuild doesn't fix the problem, but backing up to a previous version of the source usually does. So far though I haven't been able to identify where exactly the error was introduced.

Am I missing something obvious? What exactly does it mean when Xcode reports a build error but provides no information about the error?

Thanks,

Jesse

(Xcode 2.3, OS X 10.4.6)
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
On the build pane, there is a button at the botton with dotted lines on it (right next to the yellow triangle). Click that to pull up the build log and see what the problem is. XCode isn't perfect it won't give a nice error message for everything.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Skorche Wrote:On the build pane, there is a button at the botton with dotted lines on it (right next to the yellow triangle). Click that to pull up the build log and see what the problem is.
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I was looking for. Problem solved Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Link error collada framework mac port BBBert 3 3,757 Dec 28, 2011 04:59 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Need help with undefined symbols error with Univeral app running under 10.3.9 dmdmdm 0 2,197 May 29, 2009 01:16 PM
Last Post: dmdmdm
  Error with Linking Symbols Oddity007 1 2,719 Feb 24, 2009 06:20 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  Compile error I can't figure out Talyn 5 4,703 Nov 1, 2008 12:47 PM
Last Post: Blacktiger
  error: soundeffect.o imaumac 2 2,554 Oct 21, 2008 10:49 AM
Last Post: imaumac