Subversion Client

What Subversion clients do people use?

Ideally I'm looking for one that intergrates into Finder in the same way that TortoiseSVN does with Windows.

In the past I tried using svnX but was not very impressed with it.

My worst case option is to write one myself but I don't really have the time for that at present.
Quote this message in a reply
Oldtimer
The Terminal. I've set up two bash scripts –Â*one for committing and one for updating. Committing all changes on all my checked-out projects is literally one click and eight keystrokes. Smile
I've no problem using the Terminal if that is the quickest way. My only concern is that I do not always want all the files that have changed committed.

Care to share your scripts?
If you are on Tiger, you can also use Automator and create a script that will only commit the selected files, or all the files if no files are selected.

Just a thought!

As for clients, SvnX isn't that bad.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Taxxodium Wrote:If you are on Tiger, you can also use Automator and create a script that will only commit the selected files, or all the files if no files are selected.

Just a thought!

As for clients, SvnX isn't that bad.

Automator is not something I've ever looked and hence it never crossed my mind.

After using TortoiseSVN svnX just does not cut it. Unless there is a newer version since I last tried it. The fact it was not possible to add multiple files into a repository in one simple move really put me off.
Luminary
The terminal.

Remember, svn commit takes an optional set of paths -- it just defaults to the cwd if you pass none.
I saw a Google ad on the iDevGames front page for ZigVersion, a graphical Subversion client for Mac OS X. I've never used it, but you can download it and try it yourself.

Mark Szymczyk
http://www.meandmark.com
The Terminal, although sometimes I do some operations that Xcode can do (like adding files) with Xcode.
The guys from TortoiseSVN have a (very limited and buggy) OS X port on their webpage, but it does integrate into the right-click menu in Finder. You could also see if MacCVS (the one with the buffalo) supports Subversion yet.

Have you tried setting Xcode up with it as per Apple's site?

Newest game: Glow, a sci-fi RPG with lots of zombie bashing. Get it: OS X

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  P2P or Client/Server? TokyoDan 2 4,627 Aug 3, 2009 06:15 AM
Last Post: georgiph
  Client side prediction in a networked top-down game AndyKorth 0 3,897 Jun 30, 2009 08:35 AM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  Broken Subversion problem BeyondCloister 2 3,088 Jun 20, 2009 12:12 PM
Last Post: BeyondCloister
  Using Subversion 1.5 with Xcode 3 to manage libraries over multiple projects Sea Manky 5 4,087 Jun 29, 2008 12:55 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  how does bind() work in relation to a client. BinarySpike 3 4,133 Aug 23, 2006 02:44 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie