Uh... I need a name

Jones
Unregistered

I've got quite a few (of what I consider to be) great ideas kicking around in my head for a fairly simple strategy engine. It's not gonna be huge, as this is only my second projec with SDL. Notice I said "engine" and not "game". It's not a game. Why? I can't make content to save my own life, so I figured maybe I'll just stick to programming, in my projects. (Text based games for everyone! Wink)

Anyway, I know this sounds silly, but I need a name for it. I know what you're gonna say; "The name is not important till it's done." But for me, it's incredibly important. I wrap my function names, variable names and other names around the "central name". I am not a terribly creative person, that I'll admit. I'd kinda like something with three letters that sounds good, although it doesn't have to stand for anything (I believe that's called an acronym). Small names are good as tags for functions because they can be written easily, unlike:

mySuperAmazingGameWootWtfYay_start();

The name doesn't have to revolve around anything I suppose. I kinda liked "Eon", but there is already a small company selling games under the title "Eon Games", and I have no wish to create confusion or worse, get sued. Wink

Anyway yeah, fire away.
Quote this message in a reply
JAWS Engine - Jones' Awesome War Strategy Engine.
SEED - Strategy Engine for Enterprising/Entertainment Developers.
SPI - Strategy Programming Interface
SPY - Strategy Programming Yadda-yadda
SIDE - Strategy Impared Developers' Engine.

You could always just use an uncommon squence of characters so that a search and replace ast a later date will all be that's needed.
Fehrebitykopter.
(pronounce: fur - rebit - ee - copter)
Derp .
Jones
Unregistered

Thanks for your suggestions. I decided on Flux. Spelt Flx, and pronnounced "flux", as in the fluid for coating metals before heating for soddering etc.
Sage
instead of
Quote:mySuperAmazingGameWootWtfYay_start();

you could just do
Code:
game_start()

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
' Wrote:game_start()

If this is going to be an engine, then it better be:
Code:
myEngineInstance.start()

Wink