Fixing Include Paths

I have a problem againSad , CEGUI wants to include headers like #include "falagard/CEGUIFalWidgetLookManager.h" but frameworks like includes like #include <CEGUI/CEGUIFalWidgetLookManager.h>. Changing the source code to include properly is not really a good option. I tried adding the Header folder of the framework to the search paths but it does not find the header. The only way I can think of that might fix this is creating a copy build phase to copy them into the Header folder until the directory falagard. Is there a better way to get around this?

Thanks,
vbuser
Quote this message in a reply
I think you can just add the header files to your project.
The only thing I don't like about that is that I have to have 2 copies of the headers. One in the framework and one set in the correct folders. I'll do this for now but I'll try adding build phases later and see if that works.

Thanks
Hmm. If the headers are in the framework, why do you need a search path to them (unless the framework was setup improperly)? Sorry I can't help you further, I'm kind of a newb when it comes to this sort of thing.
The problem is that CEGUI is meant to be cross platform. Some files within the framework include files like #include "element/.." which is how it is set up on the hard drive. But when the files get copied into the framework they all get put into one header directory so the folders like element aren't kept. I was thinking I would have to copy the headers twice into the executable (once with the framework and once for the headers with the correct folders) but I only need to copy the framework into the executable and the headers in the correct folders are only neeeded for compiling.

Thanks for the help, I also don't know that much about this stuff (as you can tellWink )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  StorageRoom - Include content in your games sashthebash 0 2,512 Jun 13, 2011 05:39 AM
Last Post: sashthebash
  xcode instruments screwing up paths Najdorf 4 4,551 Sep 7, 2008 02:08 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  #include &lt;ft2build.h&gt; BBBert 4 10,707 Apr 7, 2008 09:33 AM
Last Post: BBBert
  Newbie problem XCode Include files BBBert 1 4,348 Mar 17, 2008 03:46 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Xcode and library search paths WhatMeWorry 4 7,407 Dec 11, 2006 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhatMeWorry