Audio not working on 3.1.2?

JFI: Frank was right. Little endian pcm in caf works at 44100 no problems. Anyway I think a bug needs to be filed at least apple could give a distinct error status for this case..

TapMania - iPhone StepMania // Human knowledge belongs to the world!
Quote this message in a reply
godexsoft Wrote:JFI: Frank was right. Little endian pcm in caf works at 44100 no problems. Anyway I think a bug needs to be filed at least apple could give a distinct error status for this case..

Yes, I say file a bug. There should be a useful error spitting out, saying that the file is big endian or something.

What I'm unclear about is: were you using Big Endian files on previous versions of the OS and they worked?
Ya it's weird - Technically Core Audio should handle big endian files just fine, but the conversion to the native format on the iPhone will add to your load/decode time so it's not advisable in any case.

All I know is that Apple says the preferred format for uncompressed PCM is 16bit little endian, and when Apple says "preferred" that often means "use this or die!" Wink
Jake, it was working perfectly.

Frank,
Quote:All I know is that Apple says the preferred format for uncompressed PCM is 16bit little endian, and when Apple says "preferred" that often means "use this or die!"
Lol. That's 100% true Smile

Filed a bug. Bug ID# 7579067