does blitzmax still support lua?

rward
Unregistered

I'm considering buying blitzmax with the aim of using the lua scripting. In the blitzmax demo (v1.12) this works great. However, on the blitzmax forums I've seen indications that the current version of blitzmax (v 1.18, the one I'd have to buy!), no longer supports lua.

Unfortunately, since I haven't yet bought Blitzmax I can't post to their forums for clarification. I've written Blitzmax support many times over the past 3 weeks and have heard absolutely nothing from them!

Can someone here tell me whether blitzmax 1.18 has working lua support? Thanks so much.
Quote this message in a reply
It hasn't been removed. Its just not an "official" module anymore.

See this thread:

http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.ph...472#651377

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
If you want a Lua BlitzMax, look in the work in progress forum to see PlayKode.
iGame3D now uses Lua as well, I'll have to post a little lua demo after I move this week.
rward
Unregistered

Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:It hasn't been removed. Its just not an "official" module anymore.

See this thread:

http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.ph...472#651377

I get an error message when trying to access this thread. I think it is because I'm not registered on their bb. (And I'm not registered because you can't unless you own their products, and I don't want to buy if tere is no support....!)

Do you mind me asking, what are the downsides to an 'unofficial' module?
rward Wrote:I get an error message when trying to access this thread. I think it is because I'm not registered on their bb. (And I'm not registered because you can't unless you own their products, and I don't want to buy if tere is no support....!)

Do you mind me asking, what are the downsides to an 'unofficial' module?

No "official support." In reality, Blitz is really good about removing bugs in the product.

Here's the text of the link:

Quote:BlitzMax 1.18 users, I've just uploaded Windows, Apple and Linux versions of the following modules. Those interested please from the command line use the following command:

syncmods -u yourusername -p yourpassword axe

followed by

docmods

and then run BlitzMax.

If anyone has free modules they wish to make available to the BlitzMax community please contact me directly, as I am more than willing to maintain useful BlitzMax modules across all platforms on the axe modserver.

axe.lua

Moved from pub.lua, axe.lua is the same module contributed by Thomas Mayer & Noel Cower but upgraded to use the new LUA5.1 (some function name and constant values changed) and some BlitzMax1.18 fixes.

To use you now need to explicitly import axe.lua and replace any calls to lua_Open with luaL_newstate. Has been tested with function pointers and with script errors (BlitzMax 1.18 now seems to compile C long jumps ok).

axe.luascript

Moved from pub.luascript. I'm not sure how many people are using this module but I did some quick testing, modified some of the methods and added a quick test to the docs.

axe.jasper

Import axe.jasper at the top of your program and LoadImage etc. should support loading .jp2 (jpeg 2000 ) files. Work in progress, so please post links to any problem images etc.

axe.portaudio

Work in progress of the port audio library. Currently only of interest to those wanting to work directly with the API.

Take the plunge. Blitz is great.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BlitzMax tutorial? dogone 4 5,851 Oct 3, 2008 09:15 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  blitzmax vs flash hertzcastle 1 3,467 Apr 3, 2008 04:38 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  drawtext in blitzmax Najdorf 2 3,642 Sep 21, 2005 06:06 AM
Last Post: unknown
  Fonts in Blitzmax? Yoda 3 3,664 Aug 1, 2005 11:45 AM
Last Post: Leisure Suit Lurie
  BlitzMax Pixmap Bits Per Pixel Nick 4 5,093 Jul 22, 2005 04:03 PM