Mac OSX fullscreen application problem

Apprentice
My application uses SDL library. For enter to fullscreen mode I use SDL_SetVideoMode and appropriate flag - SDL_FULLSCREEN.

Problem: When application is in fullscreen mode, I can't call "force quit" dialog and switching between other applications. After Cmd+Option+ESQ clicking my application is quit instead of "force quit" dialog is appear. And on Cmd+Tab clicking nothing is happens...

Can anybody help me?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
That is the normal behavior for the APIs that SDL is using.

10.5 added a new API (-[NSView enterFullScreenMode:withOptions:] which has slightly different behavior, I think, but SDL is not using it.
Apprentice
OneSadCookie Wrote:That is the normal behavior for the APIs that SDL is using.

10.5 added a new API (-[NSView enterFullScreenMode:withOptions:] which has slightly different behavior, I think, but SDL is not using it.

Thank you, OneSadCoocie.

Maybe you know any possibilities to achieve this behavior in application based on SDL library?
Luminary
For "Force Quit" to not just kill your app (not sure why you care), patch SDL (probably hard or impossible) or ditch SDL.

For "Command-Tab", you could handle it yourself and hide your own application, which is not "perfect" but probably good enough. If you insist on seeing the switcher over your app, again, patch SDL or ditch SDL.
Apprentice
OneSadCookie Wrote:For "Force Quit" to not just kill your app (not sure why you care) ...

About this care our customer Smile
Thank you for answering
You can use SetSystemUIMode() to disable force quit and cmd-tab entirely without having to mess with SDL itself, but you'd better be damn sure your app is bulletproof because it will leave you with only a hard reboot to escape your program.
Apprentice
OneSadCookie Wrote:For "Force Quit" to not just kill your app (not sure why you care), patch SDL (probably hard or impossible) or ditch SDL.

For "Command-Tab", you could handle it yourself and hide your own application, which is not "perfect" but probably good enough. If you insist on seeing the switcher over your app, again, patch SDL or ditch SDL.

How can I hide my application?
Luminary
tear down your full-screen window and call [NSApp hide], probably.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fullscreen change problem madjerry 5 3,377 Aug 4, 2008 10:22 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  Fullscreen Problem bonanza 3 3,022 Jan 25, 2008 10:29 PM
Last Post: bonanza
  Fullscreen SDL/OpenGL & CMD-TAB problem NicholasFrancis 5 4,520 Dec 2, 2004 01:00 PM
Last Post: NicholasFrancis
  SDL application launching problem BobbyWatson 1 2,796 Oct 11, 2004 11:18 AM
Last Post: BobbyWatson