Unregistered

where from i start to learn open gl

thanks

reklam ver
çiçek gönder
that was a bad start

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
NeHe is a good start, but please use the search option in the future.

Also check out this thread

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
This book worked for me. You'll also need a bit of help setting up a window and GL context. Read OneSadCookie's book for that.
Personally, I think the SuperBible is better than the Red Book (plus you can snag the red book free online as a pdf).

If you're strapped for cash, get an older version of the SuperBible for like $5 or something on eBay.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
I, too, used the SuperBible to learn OpenGL. I have 2 main problems with it:
1. some of the code doesn't work properly. Probably about 90% does work, but a bit doesn't.
2. along the same line, there are also many typos.

However, fixing the bugs and typos helped me understand OpenGL better, since I had to understand the concepts of everything. Also, when in doubt, you can always check the man pages in the terminal for a particular function.

Overall, I would recommend it. It may have a few problems, but it covers a lot of content, as well as advanced aspects. For example, it covers shaders, both assembly and GLSL, as well other features such as VBOs. Your learning shouldn't end with the SuperBible, but it's a very good place to start. It's also very handy as a reference when you're unsure about the specifics of a function. (mainly for if you want a specific example of how to use it)
5thPeriodProductions
Unregistered

I'd also recommend NeHe, but definitely supplement it with a book or two. The Red Book and Blue Book, like with all reference material, are great to have... But last I checked, costly. Though, I see the Red Book can be obtained for free (or is Lurie wrong?).
The red and blue books are the "official" books of OpenGL, and are indeed available for free in PDF format on OpenGL's website.
5thPeriodProductions Wrote:Though, I see the Red Book can be obtained for free (or is Lurie wrong?).

Er...not only can it be, but there's a link to the free one in my previous post.

Huh

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
5thPeriodProductions
Unregistered

Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:Er...not only can it be, but there's a link to the free one in my previous post.

Huh

you're right... hahaha
cicekclub
Unregistered

thanks every bodyMad
cicekclub
Unregistered

cicekclub Wrote:where from i start to learn open gl

thanks

reklam ver
çiçek gönder

insanlar neden kimse yardımcı olmuyor

Mad
cicekclub Wrote:insanlar neden kimse yardımcı olmuyor

Mad

English please

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
This should be sticky perhaps? Or merged with that Beginner thread?

cicekclub
Unregistered

Ä° said: Peoples dont like help everybody
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL: where to start? skrew 2 2,726 Sep 10, 2005 11:04 PM
Last Post: skrew