XCode path

LWStrike
Unregistered

2 different path questions.

1) Is there a way i can set a 'working directory' in xcode?. I have all my files set up at a relative path and it be so much easier if i didnt need a #if to tell it the path (right now i add ../../ to my path and i need to change it every time i make a release).

2) Is there a way to add a include and lib path to xcode and NOT have it project specific? I notice i had a /usr/local/include and lib so i decided to put my custom libs and include files in there. I have to add the path to every project i make (i think it was called user include path). Is there no way i can make xcode use that path for ALL projects.
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
I don't understand the first question... Xcode searches for header files wherever the header search paths say to, and for "" includes, next to the source file it's compiling.

/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib are searched by default, you don't need to add them as search paths...
LWStrike
Unregistered

OneSadCookie Wrote:/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib are searched by default, you don't need to add them as search paths...

My program does not compile (missing headers) unless i add usr/local/include to my search path.
LWStrike Wrote:Is there a way i can set a 'working directory' in xcode?.
You can set a working directory for your executable file. Select the name of the executable from the Groups and Files list. Click the Info button to open the executable's information panel. Click the General tab, and you'll be able to set the working directory.

Mark Szymczyk
http://www.meandmark.com
LWStrike
Unregistered

Thanks. It did exactly what i wanted it to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to handle file path site broken kamelito 2 3,035 Jul 25, 2009 02:45 AM
Last Post: kamelito
  framework search path scarypajamas 0 3,302 Dec 23, 2008 01:50 PM
Last Post: scarypajamas
  Suggest A Path To Begin? terrible 6 3,803 Sep 2, 2005 02:42 PM
Last Post: socksy