State of Mac Gaming

Zalister
Unregistered

Hey folks. I just started up a blog on Mac gaming and got an interview with Aspyr's Glenda Adams. I'm hoping to build up some momentum and hopefully start putting some pressure on different sectors of the business to take more notice of the Macintosh gaming market.

But I need some help. Go to my blog at http://somg.blogspot.com and read the interview and put some good comments at the end of it. Remember, any and all comments made might lead to better questions for my next interview. With a little work I think we can get this community a lot more notice. Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Nothing says professionalism like misspelling, typos, capital letters in peculiar places, and a misunderstanding of the definition of spurn...
Well, I liked the interview Wink . Nothing earth-shattering but interesting nonetheless.

As for "professionalism", I'd rather see this rephrased first Wink :
Quote:Mac Gaming
Designed for the exploration of Mac Gaming in all of it's forms, including, but not limited to, why it sucks so much, and why I don't get to play Half-Life 2...
eeek, blue text on black background, please change that!!!

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
OneSadCookie Wrote:Nothing says professionalism like misspelling, typos, capital letters in peculiar places, and a misunderstanding of the definition of spurn...

I'd imagine he meant spur.

Interesting read. Keep it up.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
OneSadCookie Wrote:Nothing says professionalism like misspelling, typos, capital letters in peculiar places, and a misunderstanding of the definition of spurn...

And someone got offended when I called you a grammar-nazi?
zieg-heil mein kookie!
You might also want to look into the independent developers, not just the triple A titles. The Mac's shareware market seems to be a lot healthier than the Windows shareware market, with a larger good/crap ratio. I'm sure this translates to games, as well. Look at smaller developers and their games, such as Lugaru, Minions of Mirth, etc.
igame3d Wrote:And someone got offended when I called you a grammar-nazi?
zieg-heil mein kookie!

So you're saying we should all ztop triing 2 right witout keeping gramr in mind?

[Image: spelling.jpg]

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Zalister
Unregistered

Hey, everyone leave the grammar Nazi alone. He's more than allowed to have his opinion. For the record, I left the grammar alone in order to make the page seem a little friendlier. I'm not quite sure what direction I'm taking with this yet, thus far it's just styled like a thoughtful blog. But if the time comes for professionalism, trust me, I'll do more grammar checks (and I won't post at 1:20 in the morning).

I did change the color of the text per your request.

As far as getting questions to smaller shareware companies. Could you please leave a comment on the blog to that affect and could you please leave some names as well. I like the idea, honestly. Thus far I'm hitting big names so I have some credentials to flash around. If I can get Aspyr and MacPlay on my list of people I've talked to, it makes it that much easier to ask another company for an interview.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback, I'm taking as much of it into consideration as possible. The more comments you give me (especially on the blog itself) the better.
Zalister
Unregistered

Oh my holy cow, thank you for catching that. Yeah, accessible is one thing, but that was just stupid.
Zalister
Unregistered

Okay, and I changed the tag line so it no longer mentions Mac Gaming sucking. I figured I wouldn't want a prospective interviewee reading that and thinking I have a bias against them... Wink.

Again, thanks for the comments everyone. If you have more, please leave them here, or (preferably) got to somg.blogspot.com and leave me a comment there.
Comment submitted. I don't know if it's the usual since I've never posted a comment on a blog before, but I found it interesting that comments had to be approved before posted. (I'm used to this setting, where everything is instant, then removed if necessary)
hm, all of my URLs seem to have been messed up. I don't know if it's a problem with your blog software, or perhaps I missed a tag, but it seems to have ignored all of my text between the url tags.
Yes, I found that irritating aswell.

Interview David Rosen, Justin Fic, Keith Bauer, Neil Carter, Nathan Lamont, Dan Lab, Brian Greenstone, and err David Helgason and co?

Smile
Zalister Wrote:Okay, and I changed the tag line so it no longer mentions Mac Gaming sucking. I figured I wouldn't want a prospective interviewee reading that and thinking I have a bias against them... Wink.

Shouldn't you leave it there? You aren't ashamed to let your readers know who you are or what your purpose is, are you?