State of Mac Gaming

Sage
Chris Ball Wrote:...know who you are or what your purpose is, are you?
If he left it there, readers might think he didn't like Mac gaming, which is the opposite of his purpose.

As for interviews, definitely David Rosen of http://www.wolfire.com. That guy's amazing. DanLab is really successful shareware as well.
Quote this message in a reply
Perhaps I misunderstood, sorry about that. The quote seemed unmistakable.
Love it... It's nice to get some views on the mac gaming scene from the guys who are in the business. I'll check back every once in awhile, see if you've got any new interviews.
igame3d Wrote:And someone got offended when I called you a grammar-nazi?
zieg-heil mein kookie!

If Zalister had just been posting a message in the forum and OSC had jumped down his throat about his spelling and grammar, then you might have a point. However, since Zalister stated goal is to interest professionals in the Mac game market via the blog, and Zalister posted here specifically asking for feedback, your outrage is misplaced.

Zalister, in future I don't think you should leave spelling and grammar mistakes in to make it "more accessible". Think about who your intended audience is. If you don't want to edit an existing entry that's up to you, but it's something to avoid in future.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
MattDiamond Wrote:your outrage is misplaced.
What outrage? I'm just calling a spade a spade.
I suggest you guys make your own thread about spelling & grammar and stick to the point of this one.

I just saw you fixed the blue text on black background, good job! The interview itself is quite good. Hopefully you get a chance to interview more people that have something to do with Mac game development.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Taxxodium Wrote:So you're saying we should all ztop triing 2 right witout keeping gramr in mind?

No. But roasting someone on their first post to the site isn't nice, either.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Zalister
Unregistered

Chris Ball Wrote:Shouldn't you leave it there? You aren't ashamed to let your readers know who you are or what your purpose is, are you?

My purpose is a rather fluid thing. And honestly, I think the new tag line is far more representative of what my intention is. This is a new thing for me, so I'm fairly open to suggestion at the moment.

I'll also point out that 'expressing myself' isn't the main point of this blog. Getting the job done is. So if I have to limit my expression in favor of helping things move forward I'm willing to do it. Thanks though

More:

Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:No. But roasting someone on their first post to the site isn't nice, either.

Folks, I'll settle this one. Cut it with the defending me from the grammar comments. I'm putting together a publication and grammar is a perfectly legitimate criticism.

I will do the best I can, and perhaps I'll have my sister look at it next time (she's a copy editor). I didn't think my grammar was atrocious (aside from the who spurn thing, which was me being horrifically stupid), and I can't edit the response I got from Glenda beyond the point of readability. I'll be as careful as I can though, it's obviously a concern and I'm not going to just let it slide if it's getting in the way.

Edit:

I'm hoping to get an interview with a dude from MacPlay this next week. And for a very specific reason. If I have Aspry and MacPlay under my belt then I have a couple of very high profile interviews to wave in the face of others who I might want to interview. I need to prestige to go after bigger targets (say Apple, or Electronic Arts). But, once I get these two under my belt I'll start hitting the lower profile interviews.

Also, if you have suggestions for questions or people to interview please, please, PLEASE put it on the comments at the end of my blog.

Thank you.
somg.blogspot.com

Edit:

Quote:
akb825 Wrote:hm, all of my URLs seem to have been messed up. I don't know if it's a problem with your blog software, or perhaps I missed a tag, but it seems to have ignored all of my text between the url tags.

Yeah, the blog software is being annoying. This is my first blog, and I decided to go with Googles software for it. I don't like how they handle comments at all. But apparently I can run some editing on the way it does that.

If I had it my way it would just let you submit the comments and I could delete them later. On top of which, all comments would be posted at the end of the blog... I'll see what I can do.

Edit:

Okay, made a few changes in regards to comments.

The comments are no longer premoderated. And I moved them on a page of their own so that it's easier to read. Still not perfect, but much better. I hope the taging works better next time, sorry about that. I took your list down on my 'hit list' anyway.
Sage
Hi Zalister, that was called a pentuple post.
just hit edit in future.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
LOL I would have only read the last one if I didn't see that post. (since I just clicked on last post) While I personally don't mind, a lot of people here don't take to multiple consecutive posts very kindly. Probably best to keep it at a minimum.

Edit: you really might want to fix the damage done by my comment. You'll probably either want to find a way to put it to the way it was supposed to be or delete all the HTML link tags and just have the URLs in the text. As is, it's making your entire reply text (and any comment that might be posted afterwards) a link. Rasp
igame3d Wrote:What outrage? I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Sorry, I just assumed that since you used the word "nazi" that it indicated some depth of feeling on your part.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Zalister
Unregistered

akb825 Wrote:LOL I would have only read the last one if I didn't see that post. (since I just clicked on last post) While I personally don't mind, a lot of people here don't take to multiple consecutive posts very kindly. Probably best to keep it at a minimum.

Edit: you really might want to fix the damage done by my comment. You'll probably either want to find a way to put it to the way it was supposed to be or delete all the HTML link tags and just have the URLs in the text. As is, it's making your entire reply text (and any comment that might be posted afterwards) a link. Rasp

I can't find a way to fix it, especially with my limited knowledge... I could delete it, but that would be even worse. I don't mind it just being there, all funny looking. It will be a good reminder that I need to brush up on my modding skills.

I fixed my string of posts above, now they are all one massive post. Hopefully it makes a bit more sense now.

And for the grammar debaters. I've made it pretty clear that I want feedback, including grammar checking, to be listed in this thread. I would appreciate it if you didn't hijack my thread from me with your arguing. I really need the feedback. As you all can see, I'm pretty clueless at the moment with this blogging thing. The only way to remedy that is by hard experience and critiques, neither of which I am afraid of. So please, drop it!
OK, since you are at it, "the exploration of Mac Gaming in all of it's forms" should be "its".

Oh, btw I fixed the unclosed link problem - it made every textbox part of the same link, making it hard to enter new posts. You may get more comments now Smile
Zalister
Unregistered

Oh...um, can you email me at jaycarr@gmail.com and explain what you mean? You know, tell me what the problem is and what not. Thanks for fixing it.

I love how the guy running the blog is so obviously new...

http://somg.blogspot.com

Edit: And I fixed the it's as well, thanks Wink
I had no problem with the "Mac games suck" tag - it was a call to investigate why they suck and what we can do about it to end the suckitude. Nothing wrong with that.

Apple used to have a game evangelist person - I dont know if they still do - but Id like to read an interview with him if the position still exists.

nice interview btw.