Dx counterparts

OneSadCookie Wrote:http://update.omnigroup.com has some interesting statistics.

Sorry to continue the derailing of this thread but wow those stats are really interesting.

Not being able to talk about specific set ups but I just want to say that when developing games if you want to keep your game available to a wide audience remember that a lot of people (particularly families) don't upgrade their computers or their OS as often as people around here do. The family market is a big one and also one that doesn't pirate as often and has more money to spend.
Quote this message in a reply
Omnigroup has been unreachable for me all afternoon, rats...

That's really interesting though, monteboyd, I wish there were more empirical data to gander at. Although I suspect you're dead-on about the family market.
AnotherJake Wrote:I wish there were more empirical data to gander at.

Yeah me too. I'm basing my opinion mostly on anecdotal evidence from Slope Rider customers (emails saying "My daugther loves the game" etc) and what seems to me like common sense.

Of course I could be largely mistaken. Smile
monteboyd Wrote:Of course I could be largely mistaken. Smile
MAYBE, but still, your observations are very valuable in regard to your experience with Slope Rider, so thanks for sharing them anyway. Grin
sheijk
Unregistered

Apart from the hardware thing: if you dislike SDL for some reason there's also GLFW
LWStrike
Unregistered

As off topic as this thread may have gone, it had -many- useful info Smile. Thanks for showing us those stats OneSadCookie!

Sheijk i dont really like GLFW either. The reason why i dont like SDL is because i like to mix and match peices of software. If i wanted one peice of SDL i'll need to use it all (or do some code hacking). That would also require all of it to be ported and sometime ports of specific feature are really bad and sometimes unrelaible. Also i am interested in doing some homebrew code on consoles in the future so mixing and matching software that works on that would be really useful. I am thinking of handhelds like DS and consoles (360 maybe?).