Reason for noise instead of texture?

Hello,

I am working on a level viewer for old Tomb Raider games and have problems of which I do not know where they come from. I am getting strange artefacts on some polygons. A typical example can be seen at http://www.ferroequinologist.de/forums/artefacts.png

It appears that the triangle gets rendered with what looks like random noise. This only happens to triangles, as far as I can tell, but I can see no difference between my code for handling triangles and quads (except for the edge count, of course). Strangely, it works for some triangles and not for others. As far as I can see, the texture coordinates are allright and the texture image is correct, too. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong when passing data to OpenGL, but I have no idea what, so my question is: Is there a know reason for OpenGL displaying this noise instead of the texture I want it to display?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Could be all sorts of things. Does it do it only for certain texture images? If so, I'd suspect that they're in a different format to the other images, or something like that.
No, I only use a single texture image for all the scene. Anyway, I solved it. I confused triangle count and quad count. This left some triangles unitialized, causing this behaviour. Thank you for your help!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Simplex noise bug DoG 1 2,273 Aug 16, 2009 02:10 AM
Last Post: DoG
  Noise generator reubert 7 4,944 Dec 27, 2007 12:57 PM
Last Post: reubert