Anyone want to review a C/C++ tool?

Founder
Quote:We would like to have review of AWMOO C/C++ Development Studio written so that people can start to know it more precisely by reading an independent point of view. We strongly believe that AWMOO C/C++ Development Studio is a great tool for learning game programming and a perfect framework on which to build all the tools a game programmer may need (level editors and the like). Besides, due to its interpreter structure, it allows game programmers to quickly implement and test their ideas.

Would you be interested in writing an article about AWMOO C/C++ Development Studio and putting it on idevgames.com? Or do you know anybody who could be interested? We would provide the author with a non limited license for free and with all the support needed in order to fully understand this product.

If you're interested (and qualified to write), please contact me.

Thanks,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Founder
Two people agreed to do the review, one is Nick Gravelyn (I have his review), but I can't seem to remember the other person. Rocco?

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Carlos Camacho Wrote:Two people agreed to do the review, one is Nick Gravelyn (I have his review), but I can't seem to remember the other person. Rocco?

Yes, I was the other (I believe you slated it for iDevApps, with Nick for iDevGames). In short, I tried for about a week to get the application up and running (even with 4-5 emails to and from their tech support), and was unable to get it to work. Since that failure I've let it slide off my radar. I can try again in the next week, but if I cannot get the application to function than any review I'd write would be both short and negative.

Nick, have you had a similar experience?
Sage
I got it up and running alright, though doing anything took a few days because the documentation is at a very basic state. My problems came from their library feature in that rebuilding and using the library was very drawn out and took too long for me to try things. It probably would've been faster for me to prototype something in GLUT. I will say the app is a good learning tool for OpenGL because you can play with all the commands and see what they do.
Founder
OK, since I promised them reviews... I would appreciate it you could get yours in Rocco and reply to my points Nick (email I sent you)

Regards,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Review iPad HD? kevin619 1 2,608 Mar 12, 2012 09:45 AM
Last Post: skyhawk