Intel Mac mini

monteboyd Wrote:If either of you guys get a chance to test Slope Rider I'd be happy to hear the results. Wink

Downloading V1.04 now. I'll let you know Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Zwilnik Wrote:Downloading V1.04 now. I'll let you know Smile

Thanks! Smile Email me if you want a registration code.
Slope Rider uses standard OpenGL fog too so it will be interesting to see if it also doesn't work.
Sage
Could you also try glview and check 'Use Fog' in the test tab?
ok, it looks like fog is actually happening (seems to be pretty close in Sloperider, but the game runs at full speed with no apparent problems).

Seems to work in glview.

Looking at it again in FlySight and it looks like the fog is there, but it's using a different colour to what the fog was set to (possibly the background clear colour). Odd but not critical.
Thanks for checking that Zwilnik! Smile
Zwilnik & Dan,

How well do some of the bigger PPC-only apps (like Adobe Photoshop, etc...) run on the intel mini? Is the speed ok? Are there pauses and/or thrashing?

thanks
codemattic Wrote:Zwilnik & Dan,

How well do some of the bigger PPC-only apps (like Adobe Photoshop, etc...) run on the intel mini? Is the speed ok? Are there pauses and/or thrashing?

thanks

I haven't been testing those on mine. It's being used to test our games and act as our living room media centre as well as (eventually when I get around to it) taking over as our central file server. With only 512mb of memory though and running under Rosetta I can't see Photoshop being much use on it (and the various reviewer tests of it seem to back me up on that).