Next Contest: Mini or 21DL?

Quite frankly, 22 votes isn't much to go on for a statement like that. However, from the posts here, I think most people agree that they want to have a longer contest.
Quote this message in a reply
Yeah and the voting was too much like the American system, without the cheating, ie, only two options and not the best ones.
"Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos" – H. S.
akb825 Wrote:Quite frankly, 22 votes isn't much to go on for a statement like that.
It does mean that there are at least 22 people who would most likely enter the contest...
ThemsAllTook Wrote:It does mean that there are at least 22 people who would most likely enter the contest...

So that's what 21DL stands for - 21 Developers Later Wink
ThemsAllTook Wrote:It does mean that there are at least 22 people who would most likely enter the contest...

Or it could mean 18 TBAs and 4 entries.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Nibbie
Or it could mean I looooove kiwis.

Damn it all!
Mmmm, Kiwis.

I would also like a longer contest with a schedule of contests etc.

Alex
Yes, I kind of agree about the whole schedule of contests approach.

On a personal note: From my initial thoughts, it seems that uDevGames should generally happen during the summer time (June 15 - Sept 15) when most students are off from school. This will help give them a great deal of time to fully explore their skills for this 3 month contest. (User voting)

OMG 2006, 2007, etc, could possibly become a yearly event and allow the current year's uDevGames entries or any Mac game-based entries that clearly are OMG. Voting will happen in December so that, if possible, the contest can be promoted at the January MacWorld. (Judge/panel voting and sponsor driven)

The 21 days later contests and other shorter contests could continue to be unscheduled events. (User voting)

Come to think of it... perhaps my post should be somewhere else?

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
DoG
gatti Wrote:Yes, I kind of agree about the whole schedule of contests approach.

On a personal note: From my initial thoughts, it seems that uDevGames should generally happen during the summer time (June 15 - Sept 15) when most students are off from school. This will help give them a great deal of time to fully explore their skills for this 3 month contest. (User voting)

Just on a sidenote, my semester doesn't finish until mid July, but only starts in late October. I think having the contest last until the first few weeks of the next semester is a better idea than to start at a point where people still have exams to study for. For me, at least, that would be preferable.
Well, if it happens this summer count me out. I won't be near my computer for 6 weeks and after that I'll need full week to recover from a 7 hour jetlag Rasp
In 2 weeks I have vacation (and I think most Europeans), not sure if I'll have to do anything for school but we could hold a short contest.

Maybe another vectorized contest, that was cool!

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
hams_
Unregistered

so... is there going to be a 21 day contest or not? or did it already start?
uDG is in a couple months, but no contest has happened since OMG.
I would like to see something happen before uDG, preferably a mini-contest or two.
As I told Carlos before, I'm ready to sponsor a 21DL contest with some nice prizes. After the time is set, I'll supply details about the prizes, theme and judging.

Mac games free download: http://www.zhanggames.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mini fun Contest EvolPenguin 2 5,022 Nov 14, 2010 11:10 AM
Last Post: EvolPenguin
  WebGL Mini-Contest OneSadCookie 26 20,126 Dec 14, 2009 11:40 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Mini-contest: Time & Space Manipulation OneSadCookie 18 14,234 Nov 8, 2009 02:38 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  21 Day Mini Contest FlamingHairball 2 6,606 Aug 1, 2009 03:03 PM
Last Post: FlamingHairball
  Mini Contest Ideas FlamingHairball 34 21,125 Aug 1, 2009 07:51 AM
Last Post: Oddity007