Feedback on OMG Cup 2005 itself

Time to check your spam filters. Smile

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Quote this message in a reply
Malarkey Wrote:Time to check your spam filters. Smile

Not if they sent it to the wrong address. For some reason they forgot the dash in my email address. Oh well...

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
My main gripe with OMG was having to get a new password for every game I voted on. That probably discouraged a lot of people from voting much/at all.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
I don't remember having to do that, since I voted for all the games I played at once instead of returning to the site several times.
Founder
Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:My main gripe with OMG was having to get a new password for every game I voted on. That probably discouraged a lot of people from voting much/at all.
I turned that off for everyone but you Wink Actually, it should have been off after the first few days.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Carlos eats souls.

Anywho, on the bright side, I got my OMG pack 2 days after replying to the email. Great job, Freeverse.

Too bad I already own Kill Monty, but it gives me 4 others to play with.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:Anywho, on the bright side, I got my OMG pack 2 days after replying to the email. Great job, Freeverse.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to make it over here to the UK and beyond to others even further away.
Andrew Sage Wrote:It will be interesting to see how long it takes to make it over here to the UK and beyond to others even further away.

Yeah. Too bad its not available as an (albeit huge) electronic download.

Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:Yeah. Too bad its not available as an (albeit huge) electronic download.

I prefer to have a physical item rather than just a download that may get lost in a drive crash or whatever. I'm in no rush to get the games so I'm willing to wait and get a nice surprise when they suddenly appear in two months time (the delay caused by shipping of course).
My games from Freeverse just arrived! I'm very impressed that they arrived so quickly. All I need now is to buy an iSight to play some of them Wink
Andrew Sage Wrote:All I need now is to buy an iSight to play some of them Wink

Do they not work with a normal firewire/usb cam?

If it has arrived in Scotland, it shouldn't take so long before it arrives in Belgium, maybe monday Wink

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
The games will work with a Firewire camera, but I have no way of attaching it to the top of the screen in the way an iSight would. I suspect having the camera off to the side would make it very confusing to play the games.
Actually, with ToySight Gold we made about half the games playable without a camera too (just in case you're on a flight with your iBook and need to play something without scaring the c**p out of the other passengers).

Doesn't burn as many calories though Wink
Zwilnik Wrote:Doesn't burn as many calories though Wink

Hold on - there is no mention of calories being burnt on the box or in the instructions. If these days food has to have warnings left right and centre then should not things with hidden exercise? Do I feel one of those American Class Action things coming on? Wink
Andrew Sage Wrote:Hold on - there is no mention of calories being burnt on the box or in the instructions. If these days food has to have warnings left right and centre then should not things with hidden exercise? Do I feel one of those American Class Action things coming on? Wink

"Nobody told me it would make me fit!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OMG Cup 2005 Results Carlos Camacho 19 9,184 Dec 21, 2005 09:24 PM
Last Post: Leisure Suit Lurie
  Help with OMG Cup 2005 Carlos Camacho 32 12,484 Dec 11, 2005 05:34 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  Submiting OMG 2005 games Najdorf 22 9,124 Nov 29, 2005 06:21 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho