Feedback on OMG Cup 2005 itself

I still haven't got mine and I ordered right after I got the e-mail. Hrm... oh well, like Andrew said, it'll be a happy surprise Grin.

Alex
Quote this message in a reply
Andrew Sage Wrote:I prefer to have a physical item rather than just a download that may get lost in a drive crash or whatever.

Why is that an issue? You do regular backups, right? Wink

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Zwilnik Wrote:"Nobody told me it would make me fit!"

I'd laugh if only I couldn't see that happening here in the U.S. Smile Plus I just got my copy in the mail yesterday. Woot.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:Why is that an issue? You do regular backups, right? Wink

No nice packaging on downloads only.
No printed documentation on downloads only.
It is the same reason why I prefer to buy a CD rather than download music.

I back up data regularly but not apps.
Andrew Sage Wrote:than download music.

You can download music ??? Blink Wow, what an era we're living in.

(Yes, I'm sarcastic today)

PS: I haven't received my copy yet. Hopefully monday.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
I tried running Toy Sight Gold on my iBook G4 (10.4.5) tonight in preparation of taking it to work tomorrow when someone is taking in an iSight. Unfortunately it just locks up the entire computer and I have to reboot (cannot even ssh in).

Has anyone else who got the Toy Sight Gold prize had this problem?
Hmmm...

There are people across the ocean who have recieved theirs, yet I have not got mine yet in CANADA!

Hopefully Tomorrow.

AGhost
Andrew. Is it locking up on loading or later ? (we've had issues with the .sit file not unpacking properly with some versions of stuffit and causing missing files).

If you create a blank text file called debug.txt in the ToySight Gold folder it'll record whatever data the game can put out before it crashes.
Zwilnik Wrote:Andrew. Is it locking up on loading or later ? (we've had issues with the .sit file not unpacking properly with some versions of stuffit and causing missing files).

If you create a blank text file called debug.txt in the ToySight Gold folder it'll record whatever data the game can put out before it crashes.

Thanks for your quick response.

It was locking up on the loading. A complete lock up - could not move mouse or do anything. However I discovered this morning that there is a 1.1.2 update which resolved the issue. The games look fun and I look forward to trying them out at work today.
timac
Unregistered

I just got my copy here in France. I haven't had the time to try to play yet :'(
So if I received it in France today, it should arrive soon in belgium !

Alexandre

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OMG Cup 2005 Results Carlos Camacho 19 9,040 Dec 21, 2005 09:24 PM
Last Post: Leisure Suit Lurie
  Help with OMG Cup 2005 Carlos Camacho 32 12,366 Dec 11, 2005 05:34 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  Submiting OMG 2005 games Najdorf 22 8,991 Nov 29, 2005 06:21 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho