Quicktime 7 broke my application

Sage
Marjock Wrote:Email with what I'm pretty sure is the latest version of the quicktime.framework before Quicktime 7 is on it's way. =)

Takes about 40 years to send, due to a 128kbps upload speed, so I apologise for the delay.

-Mark
Can you email me this as well Smile (nickgravelyn at gmail dot com)? Then I'll just host it on my website for people to download.

I believe the problem lies somewhere in SDL so hopefully either the people making SDL can fix it or the people at Apple fix it.
Quote this message in a reply
Marjock
Unregistered

Yeah, that's a good idea, thanks =)

Email should be sent.

-Mark
Sage
If anyone else needs the old quicktime framework (believed to be the latest before 7), you can just download it straight from my server:

http://www.simrealitystudios.com/freebie...mework.zip

Edit 1: How does one get the correct privileges to put the new framework in?

Edit 2: Another method that does work is to place this framework in your /Library/Frameworks/ folder and add that as a search path to your project. Unfortunately for this to work you also have remove the search path for /System/Library/Frameworks/ so you have to include any frameworks that are referenced in other frameworks that may lay in that folder. It's something to consider if you want to keep the new framework around for QuickTime 7.
Oldtimer
1) I think it is easiest to put the framework on the desktop, and then go (in the Terminal):
>sudo mv ~/Desktop/QuickTime.framework/System/Library/Frameworks
>Enter admin pasword and hit enter.
Marjock
Unregistered

Er, doesn't it have to be:

sudo mv ~/Desktop/QuickTime.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework

(A space in between the two paths, and the last bit of the second path added on 'cause you're replacing the old framework)?

I could be wrong, the above is just how I did it :-)

-Mark
Sage
Fenris Wrote:1) I think it is easiest to put the framework on the desktop, and then go (in the Terminal):
>sudo mv ~/Desktop/QuickTime.framework/System/Library/Frameworks
>Enter admin pasword and hit enter.
Doesn't QuickTime 7 need the newer framework? I'd rather like to not break QuickTime's functionality at all.
Oldtimer
Marjock: Big oops. Thanks. Wink
Nick: Ah, that's right. You're still actually using QT7. In that case, I would dig into the /Developer folder and replace the QuickTime framework in the correct SDK folder. I'm on 9.2 right now (shudder) so I can't check the exact path for you, but I'll check when I get back home. Smile
thingythekid
Unregistered

I haven't tried this, but I think it should get the desired result. I don't know if the reboots are necessary, but they make me feel safer! Grin
As long as you haven't messed around with your frameworks, the following should work.
(When I played with frameworks the result was very ugly and required an OS archive and reinstall)
1. Go here to revert to QuickTime 7.0.1 from 7.0.4.
2. Reboot.
3. Go here to revert from QuickTime 7.0.1 to 6.5.2.
4. Reboot.

If the links stop working, I have the files on disk, so you can PM me and I'll email them to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  XCode 3.1 Broke UB Linking Jake 6 5,327 Mar 11, 2008 02:33 PM
Last Post: Jake