Survey of Game Developer's Tools?

Nibbie
Aarku, where is this Mac Irrlicht running?
Quote this message in a reply
aarku Wrote:Here's a big database:
http://www.devmaster.net/engines/

Notice the "advanced search" feature.

I did not know about that. Soon dim3 will join the ranks, and move it up to 301. Smile

[>] Brian
I use blender, though that is more targeted toward the rendering/CGI film end. (see project orange, link on the blender page).

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Blender does have a game editor within it, though.
whogben Wrote:Aarku, where is this Mac Irrlicht running?
There's no default mac build for irrlicht. To get it running, you'd have to download the source and tweak where necessary to build it. Others have reportedly got it working without a whole lot of hassle, but that's all relative. The project has no official mac developer support, but they're looking.

Anyhow, the link is in my previous post. (damned non-underlined links theme)

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
Just found Keneva at a Game Producers blog, it allows you to develop a MMO game and publish it through them, as usual its for Windows.

Oh and there is Multiverse too. Does the same thing, Mostly.
I thought I'd to add Inspire to the list:

http://www.littlegenerals.com/inspire/

It can now export to Alias FBX (for all you Unity folks), and includes an API with sample code so you can write your own exporter.

In my next project I plan on using Wings3D for modelling, Inspire for animating, ODE for physics, and to incorporate the handy dim3 libraries (to display Inspire native format) into my current C engine.
KittyMac Wrote:I thought I'd to add Inspire to the list:

http://www.littlegenerals.com/inspire/

It can now export to Alias FBX (for all you Unity folks), and includes an API with sample code so you can write your own exporter.

In my next project I plan on using Wings3D for modelling, Inspire for animating, ODE for physics, and to incorporate the handy dim3 libraries (to display Inspire native format) into my current C engine.

You have just made a slew of Unity people on a budget incredibly happy, sir.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Easy game dev tools for a young child Carlos Camacho 5 3,845 Jul 21, 2007 11:44 PM
Last Post: OldMonkey
  FlowerMan: PC-DirectX game for Macintosh - porting tools? MarekUhrin 13 7,077 Aug 9, 2006 11:21 AM
Last Post: MarekUhrin
  Writer needed to update "Introduction to Mac Game Development Tools" Carlos Camacho 1 3,060 Apr 21, 2006 12:55 AM
Last Post: Taxxodium
  Helpful Tools and Tutorials for Mac Game Development LinkN64 9 5,045 Jan 5, 2006 06:14 AM
Last Post: LinkN64
  Apple's article on Mac game tools Carlos Camacho 1 2,694 Aug 26, 2005 07:08 AM
Last Post: sealfin