Text in OpenGL

Nick Wrote:[...]except trying to fill up the whole texture. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out the auto-fill feature in a reasonable amount of time. I'll post updates over at the iDA thread I posted above and on my website (see signature).

I my app (source code at my site) I start with an array of char boxes of fixed height, variable width, and then try to find out the smallest PoT texture that can contain them. Note that the code doesn't force the generated texture to be square, since that may not always be the best use of space.
Quote this message in a reply
Nick, when I try to use the GlyphToolkit framework, the app crashes saying "dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/nickgravelyn/Library/Frameworks/GlyphToolkit.framework/Versions/A/GlyphToolkit
Referenced from: /Users/joshaber/Desktop/FontTest/build/Debug/FontTest.app/Contents/MacOS/FontTest"

Doesn't look like it's built quite right, unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.
Sage
Try putting the GlyphToolkit framework in your Frameworks folder, it might search there first.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Indeed that fixes it. The question is: why doesn't it look in the app bundle's Framework directory instead of the users?
Sage
Josh Wrote:Indeed that fixes it. The question is: why doesn't it look in the app bundle's Framework directory instead of the users?
I'm not sure. I'll look into it to make sure that the framework is more distributable. I'll definitely make sure it doesn't reference my computer at all (I saw in your error it listed my computer's filesystem).
I think im gonna give the GyphToolkit a try, is there a link for documentation on it or anything?

I tried adding the framework and including the header but I get a bunch of errors when it compiles the header file for it.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Sage
Place the framework in your /Library/Frameworks/ folder then add it to the project. This is still a glitch I haven't gotten to yet. It should work.

There is no official documentation. The only header file is well commented and there is a sample GLUT project included if you downloaded the most recent version (should be v0.1).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Opengl/Cocoa text rendering tesil 15 17,261 Mar 20, 2012 11:16 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  SDL/OpenGL fullscreen text rendering StealthyCoin 2 6,483 Mar 26, 2009 09:47 AM
Last Post: StealthyCoin
  OpenGL Text Rendering (in Cocoa) daveh84 5 7,852 Feb 19, 2009 12:44 PM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  opengl text/font drawing from CGContext fretmunky 11 12,983 Dec 7, 2008 11:29 AM
Last Post: fretmunky
  OpenGL text and other things. Talyn 7 4,721 Jul 22, 2008 02:09 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie