OMG predictions?

Sage
Congrats people!
I would be really interested in the number of votes as well as the average for all the entries, please make this possible Smile
Quote this message in a reply
It is there under a tab in the xls file. I've graphed the results of the top ten games those that are interested:

http://will.thimbleby.net/downloads/top10votes.pdf
MattDiamond Wrote:(tests ego with tire pressure gauge) Careful, don't want to overinflate that sucker! Smile

According to the finalist results, The Matt Diamond is now free to inflate his ego as much as he likes. Rasp

I'm delighted to be wrong on this one. The crowd has better taste than I thought.

MacBornes is a complete surprise, eh?

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:MacBornes is a complete surprise, eh?

Yes, that snuck up on me too. I tend to underestimate the appeal of classic card games, maybe. Freeverse themselves are testimony to the popularity of casual games... I have to admit though that this is one of only 3 games I didn't actually play. I've played two other Mille Bourne implementation on Macs over the years, including an entry in uDG 2002, so I kept putting this one off.

Other random thoughts:

Some great games didn't make the cut. I hope that players in future who try the top 6 games go on to try the next 6 as well. The downloads page is down now, but I hope that a new one goes up before interest in the contest wanes.

If Outnumbered had been entered into a regular uDG contest with multiple categories, rather than this gameplay-only contest, I feel sure it would have won something.

The vote distribution is... interesting. I got far fewer total votes than the other entries. Perhaps the premise put people off- it looked too cerebral, maybe? The word "chess" scared them off? But thankfully for me I didn't get punished for it in the score- perhaps the description was specific enough to attract mainly people who like puzzle games and would give it a fair shake. Makes me wonder if any of the judges will be allergic to puzzle games.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
aaronsullivan Wrote:As for Space Barrage 2... It could be that I'm picking away at in my spare time. Grin

Its not nice to tease me, Aaron. Mad

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
willThimbleby Wrote:It is there under a tab in the xls file. I've graphed the results of the top ten games those that are interested:

http://will.thimbleby.net/downloads/top10votes.pdf

Which xls file? Or was this only sent to entrants?

Anyway, that list of charts shows interesting information, would it be possible to have the overall # of votes histogram? I wonder if it would be bell-shaped (normal/t distribution) or multi-modal, which would indicate that people tend to vote mostly games that they strongly like/dislike.

How about the standard deviation in score for each game? Correlation between total number of votes and average score per game?

Yes, I find all that info interesting Wink
Founder
>The downloads page is down now
???????????????????????
http://www.idevgames.com/contest/downloads/

Please note that I disabled "Zomb" from the list because ALL email to the dev informing him that his link is down has gone on deaf ears.

>Or was this only sent to entrants?
I've sent an XLS file to all devs. I got a notice from one dev's mail server saying "We think your xls/zip file is a virus and spit in your general direction."

Also, one winner is MIA and all his email addresses are not working. I'm afraid one of you have did a "Leon" on him. (Considering he isn't a kid, or a woman, I suppose he would be fair game under the rules of a cleaner. Wink )

Quote:How about the standard deviation in score for each game? Correlation between total number of votes and average score per game?
Yes, I find all that info interesting
Once again I am reminded why I only minored in CS and decided against majoring in it. Rasp

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Distributions are hmm... very interesting.

I still wonder why Space Wizard didn't make it. Probably just because of hosting issues (free hosting things that make you wait for the download). Or maybe because of the scary "breasted bird-man with a d**k" in the titles screen. Anyway it's a pity.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
There are not many significant results I can find. The standard deviation is fairly variable and not consistent, though it tends to increase with the number of 10s scored. Four of the top six games remain if votes of 10 are discounted, Illuminations and Zomb squeeze in at 5 and 6 replacing MacBornes and Pakimono. Which shows that the voting is fairly consistent and good.

People seem to vote more for games they like: http://will.thimbleby.net/downloads/numberofvotes.pdf
Though I don't have a recent enough version of excel to open the xls file, I can upload the first page stuff retrieved with Apple Works.

See here for the order of wins and averages. See here to see the votes (basically Ed's html page saved).
Quote:I still wonder why Space Wizard didn't make it.
I was disapointed by that as well. Thats the problem with having so many good concepts going against each other!

Out of curiousity, which dev is missing in action?