Show us your desktop

Sage
Load your image anywhere online and use the [ img ] [ /img ] tags with the url in between them.

Here's one place you could use to upload your files. Google for more:
http://photobucket.com/
Quote this message in a reply
[Image: Picture1.jpg]
criot
Unregistered

I felt the need to put up my christmas lights, since its geting close to x-mas!Cool
[Image: 72298416_a9f7229d7c_o.jpg]
The Great Skyhawk's Desktop in all its messy glory. (I also have a matching mousepad)
To me, the desktop happens to be another folder. One that needs severe cleaning up. (111 items)
[Image: screenshot12122005.jpg]
I had to go ahead and post one of my *whole* desktop Smile

[Image: desktop_full_20051211.jpg]

Top part is the custom boot screen I made (replacing Aqua Blue) from an anime pic. The machine's name is nadia. The bottom shows both monitors.

The two pictures on the bottom are from the Deviant Art catalog of "garun" (look it up, she's awesome). I wrote up a script a long time ago that takes a random background, scales it as large as it can on the biggest axis, composites it with a Propaganda tile, and then displays it. I used to have it switch periodically but got to where I liked these backgrounds a lot, and quit doing so. Smile The silly thing has followed me around from Linux to Win32/Cygwin to OSX now. One of these days I need to actually release it.

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
LongJumper Wrote:Because this is boring:
[Image: fulldesktop.png]

Not boring, ugly.

Who uses the 3-in-1 interface for Xcode?

Now if only they could integrate a decent debugger GUI. I love having to click Debug->Tools->Expressions *EVERY* time I debug. Visual Studio rocks in this regard. Debugging on the PC is so much better.
maaaaark Wrote:Not boring, ugly.

Who uses the 3-in-1 interface for Xcode?

Uh, I do. Mainly because having everything in one window annoys the snot out of me.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Sage
I bet you have a big monitor, then. I use All-in-one because a 1024x768 powerbook screen demands it.
MattDiamond Wrote:Our imaginations have now come up with something much worse than what is actually on your desktop.

So I figure you can go ahead and post it, the harm is already done.

<waits hopefully>

Nice try, Matt. I know you're a Federal agent. You'll have to try harder than that. Rasp

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
With 1680x1050 resoltuion, having all that stuff scattered is no big deal. I personally hate having everything in one window, I want to be able to look at a few different files at a time, makes things a lot easier for me. When I first made the switch to XCode, all the windows were going into the same window, and I was about 30 seconds from crying before I realized I could break em up into their own windows. Wink
That's pretty much my mentality. (with the same resolution Rasp) I tend to have around 6 code windows visible at once. Depending on the situation and how crazy I get, I might get as many as 20 ope at one time. Not for very long, though. Rasp (gotta love Exposé Rasp)
You know, I've never used exposé. I just don't see the point. Command-H + the dock works just fine for me.

I strongly dislike multi-window applications.
Command-H doesn't work too well in the same application, though. Rasp I just have 3 of my mouse buttons mapped to Exposé, so if I'm navigating windows it takes 0 effort to initiate Exposé. I like having different windows open for things such as code windows, since I can move them around freely and show different ones at once. Each to their own, I guess. :shrug:
Yeah, Exposé is so much better mapped to a multi-button mouse. I don't think I would've used it at all if it was only restricted to hot keys. I only wish they had something like it for Win32 machines. It'd make work at lot easier.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Show me the money Carlos Camacho 13 6,132 Nov 12, 2008 06:17 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho