Show us your desktop

Leisure Suit Lurie Wrote:Due to the tender age of some of you, I think I'll sit this one out. Wink

Our imaginations have now come up with something much worse than what is actually on your desktop.

So I figure you can go ahead and post it, the harm is already done.

<waits hopefully>

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Quote this message in a reply
I actually only use Spotlight as a bit of an application launcher, so Quicksilver amounts to a much faster option. Plus the way it can manipulate documents is terrific - not to mention it provides a GUI for browsing iTunes by composer - something the iPod allows but (for some obscenely stupid reason) iTunes doesn't allow.
Well, I just changed my desktop to something better I think. If you are offended by it, tough luck Rasp

[Image: desktop2.jpg]

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
How do most of you actually see your desktop if you are actually using your Mac to do work on or play games?

Or do you sit there with all the applications closed or hidden?
Sage
*Hits F11*
*thinks about cleaning off all those icons and getting a nicer picture*

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
⌘-R in Chief
Andrew Sage Wrote:How do most of you actually see your desktop if you are actually using your Mac to do work on or play games?

Is this a serious question?
FreakSoftware Wrote:Is this a serious question?

Yes. The reason I ask is that I always have various application windows open on the screen and never have a clear view of the desktop. Due to never having a clear view of the desktop I've never been inclined to fill it with an image other than the default backdrop.
⌘-R in Chief
Ah. Well yes, mine is nearly always covered completely, but I don't change the desktop because all of the other ones are annoying because they look different.
Andrew Sage Wrote:Yes. The reason I ask is that I always have various application windows open on the screen and never have a clear view of the desktop. Due to never having a clear view of the desktop I've never been inclined to fill it with an image other than the default backdrop.

Huh
It's there when I turn on the computer. Or when I move my mouse to the bottom-left corner of my screen (which I set up to function as F11 in Exposé) to open/drag some file.
Because this is boring:
[Image: fulldesktop.png]
PowerMacX Wrote:Huh
It's there when I turn on the computer. Or when I move my mouse to the bottom-left corner of my screen (which I set up to function as F11 in Exposé) to open/drag some file.

Ah a computer on / off person.
My computer is on 24 / 7 so I only get the empty screen of startup after an update or a very rare power cut.

I've no problem with people having stuff on their desktops, I just asked the question as it is always interesting to hear how people use their computers in a completely different way to one's own use.
I like to leave as few windows open as possible when working, so often times when I'm switching between things I see it.

BTW, here's another one with a fractal I just made yesterday. (I finally found a site with some cool formulas on it!)
(click to bigify)
[Image: background%202%20small.png]
Sage
Andrew Sage Wrote:How do most of you actually see your desktop if you are actually using your Mac to do work on or play games?

I have two monitors (my PowerBook's 15" widescreen and another 17" LCD flat panel) so i do most of my work on the 17" leaving my 15" open for just Adium (I switched after seeing all the people here who used it and how cool it looked Smile), iTunes, and random little windows. I usually have Xcode, GarageBand, Photoshop, or Flash open up on the 17". Heck I even use Firefox on the 17". I love big monitors.

And here's what the 15" looks like just moments ago:
[Image: desktop.png]
Here's mine in all its horizonal-scrollbar-inducing goodness.

It's a self-portrait.

[Image: desktop.jpg]

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
How does one post a picture on the forums. I don't have an idisk account Sad

is there any other way?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Show me the money Carlos Camacho 13 6,098 Nov 12, 2008 06:17 PM