Show us your desktop

Shivers: Have you ever tried Command Shift 3?

BinarySpike: I feel so bad for you. You're living in the past. C'mon buddy, catch up.
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
BinarySpike Wrote:I find it surprising that all of us have Tiger!
Rasp
I don't have Tiger though... I'm still on 10.3.9.
[Image: dusty.jpg]

Luddites unite! Scary as it is, I do use this Mac when I'm on a uni. deadline, already have all the research I need, and need to type it up without any of the distractions I'd have on my iMac... (and yes, the Mac's PRAM battery is dead, which is why 32-bit addressing is turned off Rasp)

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Apprentice
this is mine right now
[Image: desktop.png]

I have the background set to rotate whenever the computer wake up, though. so sometimes it looks like this:

[Image: <3gir.png]
[Image: desktop_20051206.jpg]

For the person who requested Quicksilver, and complained about Spotlight. Hear, hear. Smile I just figured out the other day how to remove that useless icon from the menu bar and reclaim some space on my poor 1024x768 display.

And I just have to say, for the manly men out there, my other monitor has a picture of a summer fairy on it Rasp

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Marjock
Unregistered

How did you make Adium look not-hideous?

My desktop, until very recently, looked like an explosion of icons. Because things get created at the top right corner and I have to move them to see things underneath, there was a large concentration of icons around there getting less and less dense as it reached the otuer edges of my screen.

I never seem to be able to find cool desktops, so it's usually my latest attempt at something to do with CGI so that I look at it and think, "Gah! That's ugly - must improve."

-Mark
And I'm going to use a thumbnail too so be sure to click on the image.

[Image: desktop_sm.jpg]

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
[Image: Desktop.jpg]

Exciting, isn't it? Yes, I have a whole folder dedicated to you guys, and it's the one thing other than my HD that lives on my desktop. And yes, I'm still running Panther.
Apprentice
I have always hated icons on the desktop. I think I have too many on there right now. But here goes,
This is a desktop that Jon suggests I use, since I am always laughing at the pic.
Get to the Choppa!
And this is what my desktop is actually like.
Real desktop
sealfin Wrote:[Image: Dusty_desktop.png]

Luddites unite! Scary as it is, I do use this Mac when I'm on a uni. deadline, already have all the research I need, and need to type it up without any of the distractions I'd have on my iMac... (and yes, the Mac's PRAM battery is dead, which is why 32-bit addressing is turned off Rasp)

Thanks for that. JPEGViewer rocked. As did Claris Works.
Ok, my desktop. Yes, it's always this clean. I hate a dirty desktop.

[Image: desktop.jpg]
My desktop sucks. Just standard OS X background plus hundreds of icons.

frozendevil Wrote:this is mine right now

I have the background set to rotate whenever the computer wake up, though. so sometimes it looks like this:

IM IN UR BASE!! IM KILLING UR MANS!!
Contest: Bonus points to anyone who can identify what all the icons in my dock are. Go!
blobbo Wrote:Contest: Bonus points to anyone who can identify what all the icons in my dock are. Go!

Goodness, I was just about to ask... All I recognize is the Finder and what looks to be a custom trashcan icon.

...And I really like the background. Quite lovely.
I switched to the tiny 1024x768 so the image wouldn't be huge. I always work in the highest res possible.

[Image: MyDesktop.jpg]

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Show me the money Carlos Camacho 13 6,196 Nov 12, 2008 06:17 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho