OMG: Do I need a separate password for each game I vote on?

Seems that way with the 3 I've done today. If that's the case, I don't think I'll be voting on all 37. Cry

Also, it doesn't indicate to me which ones I've already voted on.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Quote this message in a reply
Founder
>Seems that way with the 3 I've done today. If that's the case, I don't think I'll be voting on >all 37.
I'll look into it.
>Also, it doesn't indicate to me which ones I've already voted on.
I think it is beyond my humble skills to change that. Sad

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Where is the voting?

I have followed the link in the OMG info page, but it says it has expired!

AGhost
Founder
Could you explain a bit better?
http://www.idevgames.com/contest/voting/
Is a list of all games. Click on the one you want to vote for.

Daniel, about your point. To not require a password each time, would open up the voting to more possible abuse. I suppose if we had some guru PHP devs here, we could store the cookie and remember the voter, but as it is, I have to use these various scripts (voting, entry, download), with min. modifications.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
You can just vote lots of them, get lots of email and just click on each one to confirm each of them

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Carlos Camacho Wrote:I suppose if we had some guru PHP devs here, we could store the cookie and remember the voter, but as it is, I have to use these various scripts (voting, entry, download), with min. modifications.

Sorry if I have misunderstood, but I thought the whole idea was to use off the shelf solutions instead of custom written systems. If I had known you were open to custom built solutions earlier then something could have been provided due to the fact that PHP based solutions are my main income at present.
Andrew Sage Wrote:PHP based solutions are my main income at present.

Mine too.

Note to self: make a download+voting system on my free time.
Founder
>I thought the whole idea was to use off the shelf solutions instead of custom written >systems.
We are using phpQ for voting and contest entering, which was purchased for uDevGames 2004. When I say "with min. modifications", it simply means that various "text", "templates", etc are altered to suit the contest.

>PHP based solutions are my main income at present.
>Mine too
If you build it, I will come.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Founder
I've applied 2 patches to the voting system today. One was to fix a problem with cookies. The second was most likely the reason why the site was going down (MySQL issue). Please let me know if the patches cause any weirdness.

In addition, I've turned off the email confirmation system as it seems to confuse people. All votes are stored, and none are lost. (The system sometimes sends out a confirmation email, and sometimes it doesn't, and when it doesn't, it tends to confuse people.)

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Nibbie
Well, if it isn't going to confirm every vote im more than happy to vote on every game. If it confirms every time, I'm only going to vote for the games I like most - which means people arent going to vote if it isn't in the 9-10 range. My guess is nobody will spend the time to give anything but great votes and the difference between games is going to be 9.9 for the top game and 9.7 for the lowest. Which, at least, means some nice numbers and boosted morale for everyone Grin
I did vote for every game, but not all in one shot. It was very tedious.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
I've been voting for various games as I play them. Tonight for the first time I had to confirm my vote for one of them via emailed password.

My question is, did something go wrong with all my other votes (that didn't ask for a password?) Were they counted?

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.