Submiting OMG 2005 games

Hmm... not to be pressing but... isn't it time to have a link where to update entry information and such? I "registered" for the contest too early and could not provide a link to the app (and I even changed the name...)

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Quote this message in a reply
fidlej
Unregistered

When will the download section (http://www.idevgames.com/downloads/) be ready? I don't see a way how to upload an entry.

Thanks.
cimot
Unregistered

hi I'm new here, this is my first contest.. I already fill up the OMG contest form.. what must I do next.. do I need to upload my game?? if yes where I must upload it?? or the entry process is only by filling up the OMG contest form?
iDev doesn't host the game download. You have to do that and provide a link to a playable.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
cimot
Unregistered

so where do I need to provide my link to my game
If I'm not mistaken there is a question in the form asking about personal website..
Is it there I must provide the link to my game? or I must provide it in certain forum or make new thread or else?? Blink a bit confuse LOL
Founder
Hi, I will contact all entrants "soon" to provide further instructions. I am a tad behind schedule due to a virus (biological sort) infection in my stomach. Once I am back on my feet (this is posted while the wife isn't looking), I'll sort it out.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
cimot
Unregistered

aaahh Carlos it seem you seriously ill... Shock
take care will youSmile
and thank you in advance
Founder
At last I am healthy (well, almost 100%)

The downloads section is located at:
http://www.idevgames.com/contest/downloads/

An example of a download page for an entrant is at:
http://www.idevgames.com/contest/downloa...php?file=3
(Good screenshots, though could use some text PR Wink )

With lost time, my focus has been on the "backend" of this download system, so over the course of the next week, I'll do some small edits to the front end (making URL's clickable, etc)

Accounts are being set up and information on how to access them will soon be completed (by my wife!) so please keep an eye open for an email from iDevGames.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Is there any official text required in a read me file in the same way there was for uDevGames entries?
Founder
Q. Is there any official text required in a read me file in the same way there was for uDevGames entries?
A. No. We don't have that in the rules. That said, it might be a good idea, and WILL be in the rules for OMG 2006.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Founder
My OMG assistant (my wife) informs me that she has sent out details to all developers concerning access to the download's login section. However, some emails have bounced. Most likely they were bogus entries, but if not, please let the developers know...

cruiser at bossmail.de aka Jan_
info at igame3d.com

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Founder
Well, this was a productive weekend. I completed installation of the new Contest Download's system. Hopefully it will do better than the uDevGames 2004 downloads system. I really the system has no easy way to add screenshots, but with XHTML tags, you can make your page look spiffy like OSC's. This system had a bit too many features for my liking, so I spent some time yanking things out -- hopefully I didn't break anything!

I hope that everyone appreciates the "reviews" system (aka comments). This was something that was asked for in past uDevGame contests. I have them set to require approval. I may keep them off until voting is done, so not to influence voting. But they could serve as good feedback. Devs might be able to still see the comments via the admin section.

I also spent Sunday getting the Voting system in order. In addition, I tried to make the entry, voting and downloads a little more conistent in their "look." Not perfect, but better than what we've had in the past. Once OMG is down, I can at last get the front page to match as well, and then will be blue-purple all around. Grin

Big round of applause to all the devs who participated. We have over 40 entrants at the moment. I'm going to be interested to see the games. Smile

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
cimot
Unregistered

aahhh Carlooos.. this is more than enough.. this is great.. personally I appreciate your hardwork. I'm really new in gamedev world..actually new in programming, event like this is an opportunity for me to begin my journey and certainly keep me motivated.

thank you very muchSmile Smile Smile
Apprentice
Thanks Carlos! Everything looks great.

Outer Level | Make Mac Games
OMG Cup 2005 Entry: Bullfrog
do I have to put a mirrored file on idevgames?
Or can I just put the link to the file on my server?

(The point is I never used FTP, I dont think I can install a FTP client on the university computers and I dont have internet access at home)

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Feedback on OMG Cup 2005 itself MattDiamond 39 15,924 Feb 21, 2006 01:48 AM
Last Post: timac
  OMG Cup 2005 Results Carlos Camacho 19 9,232 Dec 21, 2005 09:24 PM
Last Post: Leisure Suit Lurie
  Help with OMG Cup 2005 Carlos Camacho 32 12,541 Dec 11, 2005 05:34 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho