Anybody tried MM3D

link

Apparently this app can export to md2 (quake) format and can do sekeletal animation and such. I think this is the answer many of us have been waiting for adding external object to the 3D games.

I think I'll install it, but it needs some other libraries.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Quote this message in a reply
I think it rocks. The md2s it exports opened fine in Pakrat. The only thing I don't like about it is the one bone per vertex limitation...but that is supposed to be fixed in a future release.

Death to Meshwork!

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Taxxodium Wrote:...I think I'll install it, but it needs some other libraries.
I like the fact that a lot of open source software is getting ported to OS X but for the love of Benji bundle them libraries will ya!

Comment aimed at the dev(s), not Taxxodium...
MarkJ
Unregistered

Yeah, I've been using MM3d for a few months to export models to MD2, and it works very well, especially considering how its virtually impossible to do this with any other 3d package on the mac. The UI is a little bizarre, and modeling in it seems pretty counterintuitive, but otherwise I'm very pleased.
I'll confess I use it more for animating the models than actually modeling them. Its texturing tools are decent also, I think.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
It's actually quite cool, the interface is nearly exactly the same as the milkshape 3d tool for the pc albeit with less features listed. The model format m3d is the same and it generally feels like a free milkshape clone. Modelling should be avoided in it, as it seems to be based more on the animating and modelling tools are at a minimum.
I do like the lua plugin system though. Despite not having done anything with it Rasp