OMG Entries Progress

Skorche Wrote:I'm making a Thrust/Transball clone. Super Transball 2

Never heard of it, but sound disturbingly similar to what I'm aiming for. Huh It'd be a shame if our games are too similar. Couldn't get the download to work so I don't know for sure.

Anyhow I've a fun prototype: http://will.thimbleby.net/tractorbeam/
Quote this message in a reply
I downloaded the PC version of Super Transball 2 and after playing your prototype and looking at what you're planning on doing, it's similar in the sense that you're using tractor beams to move things while flying around but different enough that you don't need to worry. Smile

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Good luck to everyone!

Alex
Well here's my dev blog so far:

Here

Never tried mac programming before, so I am starting with TNT Basic.

Good luck Everyone!

AGhost
Founder
>Never tried mac programming before
I'm glad to see many new faces trying to compete. Best of luck to all you new programmers!

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Malarkey Wrote:Anyone else working on puzzle games? Andrew?

I'm not doing a strict puzzle game but instead a seek and collect puzzle game across multiple screens in the 8 bit tradition (http://www.100tinsoldiers.com/wally/SU/everyone_h.htm) mixed with a almost unique graphical style. If this does not work out then I do have a pure puzzle game in reserver based on my new card game, but I'm not so happy in going with that option due to rights issues.
kevglass
Unregistered

Hey all, new here so please excuse me if I don't know the rules and/or ettiquette,

I'm pretty much done on my entry bar tweaking the gameplay a bit. Its a game based on Tempest:

Screenshot

Play Tempest

Not sure whether its really up to the standard required for the contest. Also can't find an upload page yet?

Kev
Malarkey Wrote:I downloaded the PC version of Super Transball 2 and after playing your prototype and looking at what you're planning on doing, it's similar in the sense that you're using tractor beams to move things while flying around but different enough that you don't need to worry. Smile
Brilliant, thanks. Smile
kevglass Wrote:I'm pretty much done on my entry bar tweaking the gameplay a bit. Its a game based on Tempest

Very nice game. I like it. I could see hours of my life easily sucked into it.
Luminary
kevglass Wrote:Not sure whether its really up to the standard required for the contest.

Lookin' good Grin
Sage
I was one guy off going round for a third time, I got 95300 points.
Its really great, reminds me a lot like macattack, which had a boss that was a spider like creature that walked sideways, I hope you add some more harder levels though..

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
kevglass
Unregistered

Interesting, you're the first one to report "its too easy" - everyone else has said it way to hard Smile

Uber-player.

Thanks for the positivity guys.

Kev
I've finally started work on my entry and the thread for it can be found here: http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101305
I only have a little bit of time to work on my entry, and after my uDev '04 failiure I've decided to aim small.

Simple 2D top-down maze escape. I'll be adding more If I have time Smile

-> Is anyone up for hosting my game? As of late I don't have a server worth much Sad

When in doubt ... read the Read Me
10.5.6 | MacBook Pro 2.5x2 | 4 GB RAM | GeForce 8600M GT
*remembers udev 2004*

Wooo hoooo!

To bad I can't enter :'( I could start sleeping in the computer room and program 13h's a day....
(and my parents will let me "pause" school)

When your skin turns pale, and your eye's are always blood shot...

Good luck guys. Hope nobody dies this time.

I can store about 20MB so if anybody needs space just e-mail me.
(only 5GB bandwidth so it can't be like bitracer :-P)

Global warming is caused by hobos and mooses

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IDG entries are being pirated on the Mac App Store ChrisD 3 1,359 May 29, 2013 09:33 AM
Last Post: skyhawk
  Your favorite entries. Najdorf 27 13,480 Mar 13, 2009 12:30 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  uDG 08: Mono-based entries allowed? Carlos Camacho 2 3,217 Dec 8, 2008 09:30 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Archived Entries cgoran 4 4,599 May 21, 2008 07:35 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Continuing to update 3DU entries after deadline? StarManta 10 7,323 Dec 22, 2006 11:42 PM
Last Post: Targos