OMG Entries Progress

How are everyone's entries coming along?

Any Unity entries? Smile Feel free to stop by the unity irc channel if you need help... or the general idevgames channel too.

-Jon
Quote this message in a reply
Bussiness is slow, I got a scrolling background and the player can be moved, that's it. You can't even shoot at aliens and there's no collision detection at all...

I need more time Rasp

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Kinda same thing for us. Player moves around a map, but no collision or any semblence of a level yet. We've been going a bit slow, but we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Alex
Idea and design is still in my head.

I hope to get my design document written and online in the next day or so and then basic engine the day after that.
Haven't started yet. Sad I've got a full game in my head, and some basic utility code, but that's it.
I've got my switch between turn-by-turn and real-time movement running, but that's pretty much it; I've not yet frozen my design (I loathe coding for a moving target...) but I've got a concept document a couple of pages long; I need some time to sit down and plan ZZZ

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Sage
I dont know what to do, go with slicing or ASCII shooter..
Ive got my ASCII sprite loader and a spaceship flying around, that can now shoot and ive started work on a type of thing similar to opengl picking, to test if the bullets hit an enemy.
But then the slicer still needs to triangulate the caps and then recalculate adjacent triangles for the subdivided triangles.. its really tough, so I dont know just yet which idea ill be going with.
(hopefully both Rasp)

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
I'm actually pretty far along for how much time I've been able to spend on it. Basically, I'm doing a remake of Chiral (anyone remember that game?) since I'm sick of having to run Classic to play it and I'm going to add a couple twists to it to (hopefully!) make it more interesting/different (with hopefully the option to have the original Chiral gameplay). I've got it to the point where the basic gameplay of putting atoms on the board and them disappearing when they're done completed.

Yeah, yeah, it's a simple idea but hey, I already program for "the Man" 6-8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, as it is. Rasp Plus I had been playing a lot of Pipe Dream and Tetris lately so I wanted to make an action-puzzler type game (next up will be a Pipe Dream remake, I think).

aarku: Hey, you don't happen to be remaking Alice with all those chess pieces you requested, are you? Wink I never played it but I came across some references to it so I might dig out an old Mac to try it out.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Malarkey Wrote:aarku: Hey, you don't happen to be remaking Alice with all those chess pieces you requested, are you? Wink I never played it but I came across some references to it so I might dig out an old Mac to try it out.

I was asking for chess pieces, not sure if aarku was...

I'm not remaking Alice, although I remember that game pretty fondly. Thing is we'd play it for a few minutes and then get bored. I didn't fully understand the game I think until I read about it in Revolution In The Valley (fun book.) [Edit: now I see that you linked to the Alice story from the online version of Rev in the Valley.] Pity Apple felt the need to downplay Alice just because it was a game, and Macs weren't supposed to be toys...

But I digress. I'm making a puzzle game. Chess pawns are the main "characters" but a few other chess pieces will probably make an appearance. It's too early to discuss the game in detail, I'd rather people see something playable.

Progress is slow (Unity & Blender learning curves.) I was hoping to have some basic mechanics down by now. But I'm excited. I think this is going to be quite fun to play.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Luminary
bugs, bleh Sad
Sage
I'm making a Thrust/Transball clone. Super Transball 2

So far I've got it so that you can fly the ship around and pick up the ball. Most of the collision detection functionality works, I just have to start making levels.
MattDiamond Wrote:I was asking for chess pieces, not sure if aarku was...

Whoops. Got my iDev members mixed up. Anyone else working on puzzle games? Andrew?

As much as I like my shumps and side-scrollers, it always seems like there's a lack of fast-past puzzle games in these contests.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Apprentice
Just getting the basics going. I have a stand in chimp in a space suit. some animation and some basic physics and pickups working. lot's left to do!
Malarkey Wrote:Whoops. Got my iDev members mixed up. Anyone else working on puzzle games? Andrew?

As much as I like my shumps and side-scrollers, it always seems like there's a lack of fast-past puzzle games in these contests.

That's what I'm leaning towards. It may end up being more straight up action instead of puzzle though. Still working on game play prototypes.
Apprentice
ok, using TNT basic for the first time because I have no experience programming graphics, besides some work with proce55ing. Thus far I have the basic movement system. Just created some tiles and sprites to get it running, pretty much stickfigures and stuff haha.

To do list, in expected order:
Finish movement system
implement mouse/cursor
collision detection
weapons
enemies

After that, its all just improving what I have

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IDG entries are being pirated on the Mac App Store ChrisD 3 1,403 May 29, 2013 09:33 AM
Last Post: skyhawk
  Your favorite entries. Najdorf 27 13,655 Mar 13, 2009 12:30 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  uDG 08: Mono-based entries allowed? Carlos Camacho 2 3,249 Dec 8, 2008 09:30 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Archived Entries cgoran 4 4,647 May 21, 2008 07:35 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Continuing to update 3DU entries after deadline? StarManta 10 7,395 Dec 22, 2006 11:42 PM
Last Post: Targos