OMG Entries Progress

Shivers Wrote:I just upgraded to Tiger; terrible idea. It messed up a fair bit of my code. It's hard to make up lost time like that in a month.5 long contest.

Ah, that's unfortunate. You didn't have enough space to make a backup of at least your home directory or anything? Did you do an upgrade install or a clean one?

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
My game is loosely based on the flash game Spaced Penguin (google search for it if you want to play that).
Differences:
  • in mine you are a spaceship launching missiles at another spaceship
  • you have a limited supply of missiles
  • more powerup types
  • multiple targets per level (you don't have to hit all of them with one shot)

I'll try to get a screenshot or build up soon. It's close to playable. I just got done implementing the gravity from planets on the missile but that caused my collision checking code to misbehave so I want to have that fixed before showing it off. Smile
Sage
Thats fixed now, theres still not much to see :/
but im working on it, or I hope too soon.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Malarkey Wrote:Ah, that's unfortunate. You didn't have enough space to make a backup of at least your home directory or anything? Did you do an upgrade install or a clean one?

I have all the code, the issue is that there were several problems with my code earlier that didn't really matter and compiled in Panther but crash on Tiger. It's good that I'm going to fix them now, but I don't want to.
Sage
Made mine into a mac os x exec. because I cant use gdb well enough Sad
anyway its getting there ish, so I think ill probably have something by the end, that doesnt crash at least...

Would it not be sensible to have a thread for each game in the Work In Progress section of the forum?

It is getting a bit tangled and confusing in this thread now that people are posting about one game and then replies appearing about another. Maybe a simple mistake to make for a new forum member, but at least one of the posters in here is not so new Wink
Nibbie
I'm in trouble - wasting tooo much time playing my game instead of developing it!
whogben Wrote:I'm in trouble - wasting tooo much time playing my game instead of developing it!

I know that feeling all too well. Just hope you don't get hooked playing other people's entries - or maybe I do so the competition drops Wink
Sage
OMG, im entering...
gah do some work ed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IDG entries are being pirated on the Mac App Store ChrisD 3 1,232 May 29, 2013 09:33 AM
Last Post: skyhawk
  Your favorite entries. Najdorf 27 13,107 Mar 13, 2009 12:30 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  uDG 08: Mono-based entries allowed? Carlos Camacho 2 3,139 Dec 8, 2008 09:30 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Archived Entries cgoran 4 4,491 May 21, 2008 07:35 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Continuing to update 3DU entries after deadline? StarManta 10 7,123 Dec 22, 2006 11:42 PM
Last Post: Targos