How Long To Design A Game?

Max
Professional game developers require a few months to design a new game. But there are some exceptions. "Special" games like Spores require a year, at least.

Freelance video game artist and video game compliance tester at Enzyme Testing Labs.
Quote this message in a reply
The last two games I did took weeks and they were team projects for my software engineering course. I would rather take a few months to make a game though. If it takes you longer than that you either don't have enough time to really devote yourself to it or you are just lazy. Hmm... in that case maybe I'd rather take years. Of course, it all depends on your ambitions.
Cool
Blacktiger, the design process is different from the coding process. You design the game first, with details about how all the little things in the game tie together, then you code the game based on the design.

This topic has come and gone, so there's not really much to add to it. There's no strict limit on how long to spend on the design process - you stop designing it when it's done. The larger the game, the longer it takes.
DaWizard
Unregistered

How do you clone a game so that you can modify it? Lets say games for the xbox or xbox 360.
Sage
Play it, understand it, rewrite it.
What a question... Blink

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
I tend to make my games simple. Very simple. Mainly they're all based on ONE idea, which i think is interesting and not too long to code. This is good because it makes you finish your games quite fast, it's bad because they might lack variety and its hard to add features without ruining the gameplay

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Workflow - tried and tested for game design marchon 0 658 May 1, 2014 09:40 AM
Last Post: marchon
  Apps for game design? XxHeadShotxX 9 14,039 Aug 14, 2012 05:28 AM
Last Post: EastbayHill
  Game design feedback tross 11 15,088 Aug 12, 2012 06:33 PM
Last Post: Play Go
  any suggestion for game poster design jc82111 3 4,489 Jun 20, 2012 02:27 AM
Last Post: James Andy
  Board Game Design ahnona84 0 2,740 Oct 31, 2011 11:54 PM
Last Post: ahnona84