Cocoa/Objective-C Question

infernooo
Unregistered

Hi everyone,

Firstly I wanted to say thank you to all the contributors who have provided good advice for myself and others to use, while some people might not be thankful, I assure you that there are many of us out there who really do appreciate the help given.

I have written a small cocoa app which is basically just a simple user interface. It consists of a window with shapes that you can draw inside it. It also has scrollbars for when the background (or image) is smaller than the window itself. The problem I am having is that when I click and drag a shape (to move it), it does not automatically scroll (for example, if I click inside the shape and drag the mouse down below the bottom of the window, it will not scroll down as I would like it to).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I have googled all over the place for this but the closest thing I have found is grab-scrolling code on this page: http://iratescotsman.com/products/source/)

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
NSView:
- (BOOL)scrollRectToVisible:(NSRect)aRect

Should do what you want, if you call this periodically with the rect of the image you are dragging...
infernooo
Unregistered

Thanks - I will give that a try!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Please help me with problem (OpenGl\Cocoa\Objective-C) wyrmmage 4 3,496 Aug 20, 2006 05:48 PM
Last Post: wyrmmage
  Newbie question: Cocoa and Carbon - which for what and how to get started? BliTz 3 3,288 Jul 27, 2006 10:07 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Quick threaded OpenGL drawing question in Cocoa TomorrowPlusX 2 3,936 Nov 11, 2004 05:23 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  Cocoa Filename Question Joseph Duchesne 3 3,391 Oct 26, 2003 03:55 PM
Last Post: Joseph Duchesne
  Cocoa: Tile Question Criollo 15 6,105 Oct 3, 2003 02:02 AM
Last Post: Criollo