OpenGL ES Loading images

Apprentice
How do you load images into OpenGL ES on the iPhone? I have 2 graphics that are both 48x48pixels and are names player.png and enemy.png and i want to be able to show those on the screen and to be able to move them around. How would you do this? Sample code appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Apple has sample code for this.
Apprentice
OneSadCookie Wrote:Apple has sample code for this.

My problem is that im no very good at just looking at sample code to figure things out... if its explained to me things are way easier
Documentation is also available. Figuring things out on your own is absolutely crucial to any form of programming, so it's well worth the investment in learning to do it. It'll feel like blundering around in the dark for a while, but once you do it enough, you'll develop a good intuition for the sorts of patterns you need to follow, and be able to work independently, rather than relying on goodwill from other developers to take the time to explain things to you.
Apprentice
ThemsAllTook Wrote:Documentation is also available. Figuring things out on your own is absolutely crucial to any form of programming, so it's well worth the investment in learning to do it. It'll feel like blundering around in the dark for a while, but once you do it enough, you'll develop a good intuition for the sorts of patterns you need to follow, and be able to work independently, rather than relying on goodwill from other developers to take the time to explain things to you.

Ok thank you.. Apple's documentation is so dry to read lol, but it's worth it.. i have a really cool game ideas that has shooting and stuff so i would need opengl es to avoid having 100 different UIImageViews... you can see my mockup here: http://web-geeks.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL Extension Loading othello 5 5,111 Aug 14, 2008 01:59 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Loading images from memory useing QuickTime madjerry 4 3,188 May 27, 2008 04:23 AM
  OpenGL Texture Loading & Sprites corporatenewt 2 11,012 Jan 30, 2008 12:39 PM
Last Post: ynda20
  Loading and using textures with alpha in OpenGL with Cocoa corporatenewt 4 5,888 Dec 8, 2007 02:06 PM
Last Post: Malarkey
  loading textures - cocoa openGL mDmarco 20 9,259 Aug 28, 2007 08:48 PM