Using libcurl on iPhone..

Hello,

I'm looking in to using libcurl on iPhone (partly to help maintain cross platform portability)..

Has anyone got experience either building a static library of libcurl for iPhone, and or, using libcurl successfully on iPhone?

Any advice or thoughts on that?

Thanks,
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
(Jul 3, 2010 04:09 AM)Jamie W Wrote:  Has anyone got experience either building a static library of libcurl for iPhone, and or, using libcurl successfully on iPhone?

Using using libcurl in the project I am working on. I also had to build a static copy of OpenSSL, so the configure for the build of libcurl refers to that. Here is the configure line I used:

Code:
export CC=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2
export CFLAGS="-arch armv6 --sysroot=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS3.1.2.sdk"
export CPP=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/cpp
export AR=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/ar

./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin \
        --disable-ldap --without-zlib --without-ca-bundle --without-ca-path \
        --disable-shared --enable-static --with-random=/dev/urandom \
        --with-ssl=/PATH-TO-STATIC-OPENSSL
Apprentice
You have to download libcurl source from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html,Extract archive content from desktop, open the terminal and change the current directory to the libcurl path of desktop, To compile libcurl statically you must type the following command line in your terminal:./configure --disable-shared --without-ssl --without-libssh2 -without-ca-bundle.