The making of THE MMORPG (looking for people with skills)

Sage
Sounds like some of it may be really good. Sounds like some may also be really bad. I'll wait until you get a little bit started. Maybe after you get it loading objects, the camera (and going from first to third), and the interface (hit a key to switch from camera to cursor and back), and lighting, I'll think about it. I say that with some degree of sarcasm because a lot of people come here wanting people to "join" their team, when in reality that means they want us, developers, to make the whole game. As soon as I see some real serious progress and determination, then I'll start believing this idea has any chance.
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
You guys should keep backups, I lost my isometric tile engine that did fringing for an rpg I was writing. So I gave up.
(this was years ago)

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
DigitalMindz Wrote:i did read that and i have a lot of programers not sure if i can name the companys they work for. i my self am Adequate at C++ along with someothers

and have alot of networking skills. i understand what this is going to take.

i am 33 years old. and had worked with mapping and moding FPS.

i do know i will need alot of help and free help at that. will to offer a % of the games profit for the work anyone puts in the % will be based off how much you put in to the game. this % will be of the frist years profit. i will take care of the ones that put the most in. and for the ones that wish to stay with this game and keep adding more content to it. i sure i will keep them. and keep them happy.

OK then, if that's the case, this is a bit different from the situation we usually see on this forum. This would be good to mention up front, as we get a lot of noise from kids who don't really know what they're doing, but think they're hot stuff and are going to be able to make the next World of Warcraft and become millionaires. So, don't take the less-than-warm reception personally.

Also, as blobbo said, it's difficult to take you seriously when your posts aren't written in better English. When that sort of writing is seen, a big red "UNPROFESSIONAL" flag is raised in most people's minds. It might sound nitpicky, but it's the truth.

Good luck with the project! I hope you're able to see your dream become reality.

- Alex Diener
Check out World of Warcraft. It's a good MMORPG and it has a nice interface. You can zoom out to 3rd person and into 1st person. Want something like that?

EDIT: i hope it comes true too! unlike what i was doing cause i realized that I didn't know enough for programming yet.
Bah, dont bother with mmorpg, the biz is in small games Ninja

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
DigitalMindz
Unregistered

As for my spelling and grammar I can understand you thinking I am just a kid. Has anyone ever read anything Albert Einstein or Tom Cruise hand wrote?

Before someone Spell checked it and fixed there grammar.

Like the 2 above I am also Dyslexic. Not as bad as some but it did mess with my grammar and spelling and still does. Even more when I am tired.

Now I have to start getting ready to go help the people in Texas after the hurricane hits. IF it hits Texas i hope it does not but if it does I should be back in a week.
DigitalMindz
Unregistered

almost have everything ready to go when thay call and tell me where to go.
Nibbie
My best friend is dyslexic and has had to struggle with people judging him by grammar concerns as well - he is also one of the smartest people I know. Don't take people's nitpicking too seriously, George Bush isn't even dyslexic as far as I know, and he is president! GL with the MMORPG, email me (whogben at gmail dot com) when its ready for some modeling / world design.
Oh man Whogben... That last one was NOT a good example.

To easy.
im making a human model now
Nibbie
Which? My poor grammar or the George Bush example? Political arguments aside - he is not very proficient with English. That statement has no weight for or against political convictions - please nobody take this threat OT to debate that. I apologize if I inadvertently picked a charged example.
Volte Wrote:Oh man Whogben... That last one was NOT a good example.

To easy.

Yes, that was a bad example. Wink

To be fair, MMORPG posts have a long fruitless history here on iDG, so most "won't work" replies are practically automatic. Don't take it personally. Smile
The trick is to refrain from claiming you're gonna make "teh awesome uber next best super MMORPG OMFG". Just start small, ask non specific questions. If you get anywhere decent, make a decision as to whether its time to show the community what you've done. If there is still doubt in your mind as to you ability to complete the project, I would suggest refraining again. Rinse and repeat. If you're the "Idea" guy, and have no programming experience, and or no desire to build some, well then you might as well just save yourself the grief and stop now. Unless of course you have about 2 notebooks full of sketches, ideas, designs, interface layouts, game-play instructions and the like, and you've got connections to a company such as Blizzard, or... well who cares, blizzard is the best Rasp. Otherwise. It's all up to you to make your dream come true.
i know that. and digital has friends who program.
Honestly. Stop this nonsense now before I beat every single one of yall with a 3 foot 4 inch diameter stick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MMORPG. Well under way. Need to hire Experienced People ebizcraftsman 0 2,941 Dec 31, 2009 07:56 AM
Last Post: ebizcraftsman
  Need Help Making Text Based MMORPG Burak 6 7,573 Jan 24, 2007 06:14 PM
Last Post: azoundria
  How many people here are interested in Unity? gatti 51 18,382 Oct 17, 2005 06:11 AM
Last Post: NCarter
  how many people would be interested in a Cocoa networking framework? kelvin 14 6,715 Nov 25, 2003 03:41 PM
Last Post: aarku