Easy game engine for Mac OS X

Nibbie
Hi!

I'm looking for a free, easy-to-use game engine written in Objective-C.
I'm a beginning game developer (but I know how to use Objective-C), and I don't have the money for expensive engines...

Tutorials would be nice too ;-)

Yvan
Quote this message in a reply
If you want a 3D game engine, you won't find anything better than Unity3D on the Mac, which is free for the basic version. You'll use C#, not Objective-C, but that's a good trade-off for what the engine offers if you ask me.
AnotherJake Wrote:If you want a 3D game engine, you won't find anything better than Unity3D on the Mac, which is free for the basic version. You'll use C#, not Objective-C, but that's a good trade-off for what the engine offers if you ask me.
Seconded..
Nibbie
AnotherJake Wrote:If you want a 3D game engine, you won't find anything better than Unity3D on the Mac, which is free for the basic version. You'll use C#, not Objective-C, but that's a good trade-off for what the engine offers if you ask me.

Yeah, I already found that.
But I'm actually looking for a 2D engine.

Thanks in advance,
Yvan
I can't think of any 2D engines for the Mac that use Obj-C. Doesn't mean there aren't any though.
Maybe cocos2d-iphone is what you need.
igame3d Wrote:Maybe cocos2d-iphone is what you need.

I thought that was only for iPhone.
⌘-R in Chief
Well there's cocos2d and there's an iPhone version. I don't know if there's really a "Mac" version, but it's all cross platform foundations by the looks of it. http://cocos2d.org/

The only other 2D-focused engine I know of that I'd recommend is Torque 2D, but it's currently being majorly rewritten. The new version will be a lot nicer than the current one, and I'm not sure how different it'll be.

At any rate, the current one is ok, but not suited to certain things out of the box.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some Game / Engine Source code in C++ and MSVC kiavash2k 1 5,359 Apr 12, 2012 11:35 PM
Last Post: DJyStyler
  artificial intelligence engine for game like sherlock holmes sefiroths 3 6,201 Feb 26, 2011 12:15 PM
Last Post: Macmenace
  What engine to choose for bowling-like game? Sergnsk 2 3,514 Jan 30, 2010 11:53 AM
Last Post: mikey
  Easy platform for computer board game Lizard Man 6 5,567 Jan 22, 2010 03:37 PM
Last Post: Blacktiger
  Help with Game scene and Game Engine smith_mike51 2 3,336 Oct 14, 2009 04:44 AM
Last Post: MikeD