NSBitmapImageRep on 16-bit screen

nabobnick
Unregistered

I have a weird problem and am not sure what is causing it. If I run my code with my screen set to 32 bit color the program works fine, it is drawing a 16 bit NSBitmapImageRep in an NSView. If I then switch to a 16 bit color screen for some reason my NSView starts having bits of my desktop drawn on it in addition to my graphics. It looks like it's not clearing the drawing buffer but I know it is since the program hasn't changed it's just the depth of the screen that the window is on that has changed. Any ideas would be appreciated.

tricks.zip

EDIT: I realized there might be some confusion with what I said. I'm chaning the screen resolution with System Preferences (not while the program is running). The Cocoa window that is drawn behaves differently depending on the desktops bit depth. At 32 bits it works fine but at 16 bits it does what I described above.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Strange OpenGl or NSBitmapImageRep error magnusrw 4 3,324 Apr 24, 2009 11:13 AM
Last Post: magnusrw
  OpenGL full screen mode leaves garbage on screen when exiting app Malarkey 5 5,317 Nov 19, 2008 12:51 PM
Last Post: Malarkey
  NSBitmapImageRep/CIImage questions Caveman 6 6,246 Sep 6, 2008 04:37 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Copying between NSBitmapImageRep objects Emehr 3 4,189 Oct 31, 2007 01:27 PM
Last Post: Emehr
  NSBitmapImageRep ICC profile stripping? kelvin 0 2,141 Mar 9, 2006 05:42 PM
Last Post: kelvin