Fullscreen Terminal

Sage
Is there anyway to make Terminal run in fullscreen so that I don't see any menu bars or anything? Just my black background and green text?
Quote this message in a reply
No, but try X11. You can set it up to be fullscreen.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Sage
What is X11?
You're kidding right? This is X11. It's bundled with Mac OS X 10.4.x, I don't remember for older systems.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Sage
Well I've never used X11 for anything so I didn't realize it came with Mac OS X.
Nick Wrote:What is X11?

X11 (AKA the X Window System) is what pretty much every UNIX-like system other than Mac OS X relies upon for its GUI. There are different implementations of it. Most GNU/Linux systems run xorg. You can read about X11 on their site.

X11.app is Apple's implementation of the X Window System.
Sage
use >console for your login name (with no password) at the login screen.

oh yeah, to impress non computer people with you skillz "cat /usr/bin/*" and pretend you can read what the screen is doing LOL .

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
You can start up in single-user mode. Hold command-S at startup. I assume you're looking for something you can toggle more easily, though...

- Alex Diener
Sage
I tried using >console and then it asks for username and password, but the ones I gave were deemed incorrect. Is it the same as Mac OS X (the username/password, that is)? I tried a bunch of things but nothing worked. Anyway to just find out what I need to type there (assuming I'm logged in to Mac OS X)?
Sage
Its your username and password.
The password isnt shown, so you need to type it carfully...

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Sage
I figured that but I'm still not getting it to work. I know my password (I use it to login to Mac OS X). The thing I'm wondering, is how does UNIX want it?

My username on Mac OS X is Nicholas Gravelyn. How should I type this into the console? I tried with the space but the last 'n' doesn't fit. Any ideas? I've tried nicholas, Nicholas, NicholasGravelyn, Nicholas Gravely (when I hit 'n' again, it just goes to the password entry). I must be the most computer-illiterate programmer ever Smile.
In your tab of the accounts preference pane, you will have a 'Full Name' and a 'Short Name' field - you want to use the short name. Same password.

Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
Sage
Well that'll do it. Thanks a ton Steven.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iPhone’s Very Own Credit Card Terminal michelle2010 0 1,963 Jan 11, 2010 10:59 AM
Last Post: michelle2010
  ^D in terminal causes logout unknown 6 3,704 Jun 20, 2007 01:34 PM
Last Post: Skorche
  Terminal/bash one liners unknown 10 4,941 Apr 19, 2007 01:48 AM
Last Post: unknown
  Terminal use question - how to access directories start from the hard disk Byron Clarke 12 5,994 Aug 29, 2005 07:08 AM
Last Post: Malarkey