Call For Help: The Game Track Open Source Project

jolivierld
Unregistered

Hello boys and girls,

You might know me from my previous (small) contribution to the Mac OS X/Cocoa game scene, Stratèges, a networked Stratego clone, which is getting open-sourced in a near future, by the way. But Stratèges is not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is the GameTrack project, an open source Cocoa framework that can add online match-making capabilities to any networked Cocoa game without much hassle.

I've already began work, almost a year ago and then the project stalled. Originally, Andrew from Kavasoft (iConquer fame) worked on the project too, and other devs too but I eventually stopped working on it because of personal reasons (no time). I'm trying to contact Andrew at the moment to ask him if he's still interest (I guess he is.)

I want to eventually create a free, open source online match making Cocoa framework, which will probably be supported by a PHP/MySQL backend.

I already have near-working code and I know how it would work.

I want an open source project like Growl and Adium: a cool and active and useful project.

What I need:

- 1 or 2 robust, experimented Cocoa coders
- 1 guy who knows PHP/MySQL or who would know a better solution (XML/RPC?)
- We need a CVS server... someone who knows how to set that up!

my aim is : ambushosx
my email is jolivierld AT gmail DOT zCOMz

only motivated people, thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
define "online match-making capabilities"... this isn't some dating service, is it?
jolivierld
Unregistered

sorry, English isn't my mother tongue.

What I mean is like... an online tracker for games. You want to play a game, you can host a game and it'll get posted. Or you can just see a list of games.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some Game / Engine Source code in C++ and MSVC kiavash2k 1 5,313 Apr 12, 2012 11:35 PM
Last Post: DJyStyler
  Chess Programming - Open Source Project ChessProgramming 1 3,806 Nov 21, 2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  how to call fathers setNeedsDisplay from child. iluzone 5 6,306 Dec 7, 2006 04:11 AM
Last Post: iluzone
  how to track the last lines you modified Najdorf 10 3,928 Jun 11, 2006 11:24 PM
Last Post: Dan Potter
  Is there a system call to open HTML file programatically? WhatMeWorry 12 4,665 Sep 28, 2005 05:54 PM
Last Post: Steven